Graduate Web Developer
General Medical Council
25th July 2018
plus excellent benefits
General Medical Council
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
If you’re an ambitious graduate with a real passion for web development, this is a great opportunity to launch an exciting career at the General Medical Council, as we’ll teach you sought-after technical skills that you can use both now and in the future. With our training, you’ll grow by learning different coding languages and help to provide fantastic online experiences.
The General Medical Council (GMC) helps to protect patients and improve medical education and practice in the UK by setting standards for students and doctors. We support them in achieving (and exceeding) those standards, and take action when they are not met.
As a Graduate Web Developer in our Enterprise Systems team, you’ll:
- Learn at pace working on a wide range of web projects with experienced developers, product owners, business analysts and solution architects
- Create and maintain brilliant digital experiences and internal systems
- Quickly get up to speed with our systems and architecture, before recommending improvements and producing detailed specs and coding
- Get involved with everything from maintaining coding and testing standards to championing investment in automation for rapid changes and releases
- Impact on our agile development process and create innovative solutions to meet constantly changing user needs
- Get your hands on new tech and learn about the software development lifecycle
Open minded with the desire to constantly develop your skills and learn lots of coding languages, along with a relevant degree or experience. Innovative, collaborative and self-motived, you must also be well organised and a good writer with confident communication skills. While you’ll benefit from some experience of solution architecture, programming or web development, you’ll need to have lots of bright ideas and the drive to make a big impact.
We’re a friendly team that will provide you with excellent training and support. You’ll also enjoy lots of opportunities and such benefits as:
- A good pension (15% employer contribution)
- 25 days’ holiday a year (option to buy & sell)
- Health screens
- Interest free ticket loans
- Exclusive discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- The option to work from home up to 2 days a week
A registered charity, we value diversity and inclusion because our differences make us stronger. So, our processes are fair, objective, transparent and free from discrimination.
Join our friendly and supportive team and you’ll enjoy an exciting and meaningful career with a difference.