Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst
||Education and Employers
||£38,000 - £42,000
||Education and Employers
The Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst is a pivotal role in the charity reporting directly to the
Director of Operations and Programmes. Our key programmes Inspiring the Future and Inspiring
Governance are all powered by Salesforce CRM which has been heavily invested in and developed
bespoke for the charity. Deloitte have provided pro bono support to develop the platform which was
completely relaunched based on salesforce communities in 2017 and since held up as an exemplar with
many other charities contacting us to understand more. See
We now have over 60,000 registered community users amongst schools and volunteers and are looking
to significantly increase usage of the platform to support more interactions over the coming years.
Salesforce also supports our staff in managing new leads both from employers and schools and in
managing the delivery and reporting of several key government and foundation contracts.
Education and Employers is a UK based charity launched in 2009 with the aim of "providing young
people with the inspiration, motivation, knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to help them
achieve their potential, through ensuring that every school and college has an effective partnership with
The Charity runs several volunteer programmes; Inspiring the Future uses a bespoke match-making
technology which connects state schools and colleges with employers and people from the world of
work And, using this technology, the Inspiring Women and Primary Futures Campaigns. Over 40,000
people have registered to volunteer from all levels - apprentices to CEOs, all sectors - archaeology to
zoology and in all parts of the country. Using the same technology, the charity also runs the national
Inspiring Governance and Inspiring FE governance services. Our online technology and the related
programmes and campaigns it facilitates have seen high profile support across government, business
and teacher associations and ongoing corporate partnerships including Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
A number of other countries are rolling out some of our programmes including China and Australia.
The Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst will help to drive the design, architecture and future
development of the platform and have full responsibility for day-to-day running and support of the
platform. The Administrator will be expected to stay up to date with Salesforce features and
functionality and training on best practice and usage of the platform. The role is also key to supporting
reporting, including data cleansing, and data management across the organisation, working with
different teams to ensure we have timely and accurate reports and dashboards to support delivery of
key contracts and programmes. They will need to work with both internal stakeholders and external
suppliers to build and maintain solutions in Salesforce that support charity requirements and processes
and supervise / train internal Salesforce super-users. They will also be required to undertake an
Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Education and Employers is a small charity working at a rapid pace to bring about change and the ideal
candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to absorb key information quickly
and work well with a small team in a dynamic working environment.
• Responsible for the day-to-day support of the Salesforce platform, resolving any platform issues
within a timely manner.
• Perform ongoing platform administration (maintaining user roles, security settings, profiles and
• Responsible for daily administration and configuration including documentation of existing
processes (e.g. creation of users, roles, and permission sets; and customization of objects, fields,
record types, workflows, validation rules, email alerts, etc.,)
• Managing staff and any delivery partner licenses to ensure staff have the appropriate licence to
perform their roles and liaising with salesforce and the Director of Operations and Programmes
on any required changes to license arrangements
• Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality, as well as research new solutions to
recommend improvements to deliver the charity’s aims
• Gathering and pro-actively developing business requirements and translating these into a future
roadmap and, thereafter, project plans, as appropriate, including liaising with external
developers to ensure these are fully costed with outcomes and critical success factors assessed
• Project manage activities related to Salesforce customizations and/or developments.
• Use Community Builder and Process Builder to make changes to the platform when appropriate
• Drive testing and validation of Salesforce configuration and development.
Supporting staff and users, including continued roll out of Salesforce as CRM for staff
• Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help
related materials for users.
• Managing all technical aspects of ensuring salesforce is optimally utilised as a CRM for staff and
supporting the continued roll out of this
• Conduct new and existing user training on all aspects of the platform including support and
training of internally identified ‘super users’ across the charity
• Understanding the range of users of the platform, spotting the problems this creates and
proposing platform amends that give users a smoother customer journey
• Developing how to guides and flow diagrams to support staff in utilising the platform
• Supporting development of how-to videos and guidance to be uploaded to portal for end users
• Dealing with enquiries and providing support to external organisations and individuals using the
Inspiring the Future and Inspiring Governance portal
Reporting and Data Integrity
• To take responsibility for ensuring that user data on the platform is regularly cleansed across all
programmes including the development of an annual data cleansing timetable
• Ensure processes are set up to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
• Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, workflows, custom report types and custom objects
• Ensuring the platform remains responsive to enable reporting on key contracts by liaising with
appropriate staff and creating additional fields and reporting as required
• Produce reports for key contracts and for the Board of Trustees when required
Stakeholder Management & Other
• Managing the day-to-day relationships with our salesforce account manager
• Managing the day-to-day relationships with any salesforce developers or third-party suppliers
• Maintain and continually update skills related to salesforce administration and usage using
salesforce trailblazer as appropriate
• Develop an annual timetable of programme platform updates and changes including data
• Other ad hoc administrative tasks to support the team as needed
Skills/ Knowledge/ Expertise
• Experience and ability to administer Salesforce.com with at least 2 years’ experience
• Experience creating and managing both basic and more complex Salesforce admin functions:
custom fields, workflows, data validation, page layouts, campaigns
• Experience in rolling out salesforce as a CRM system to staff
• Experience of data manipulation and cleansing
• Experience in reports and dashboards (static and dynamic)
• Understanding integration scenarios, processes and design
• Proven IT/Salesforce project management experience
• Experience of liaising with a variety of different stakeholders
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Provide technical support, training and assistance to users / Training non-technical staff in
Salesforce or other applications
• Excellent knowledge and practical application of Microsoft office tools
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Salesforce Administrator Certification
• Experience of using ‘salesforce apps’ such as Tracker for project management
• An understanding of the intersections between education and employment
• Experience of working in a small team
• Understanding of Cyber security e.g. Cyber Essentials, risk management and data protection
• Good level of education, demonstrating strong client facing aptitude and communication skills
both written and verbal. Comfort and confidence in working with a variety of external
stakeholders, having an entrepreneurial and enterprising approach to their work.
• A ‘doer’- ability to anticipate requirements and act to provide workable solutions
• Creative and solutions orientated, perceiving processes as the means rather than the end and as
an aid to effective delivery
• Influencer - demonstrates personal ‘presence’ and gains the confidence of others through
temperament, capability and calibre
• Demonstrates sensitivity and possesses the ability to manage effectively the organisational
tensions that sometimes develop between all stakeholders involved in the organisation and
delivery of the complex programmes
• Team Player: working collaboratively and flexibly to achieve outcomes and is keen to add value
to the organisation’s culture and ethos
• Courteous and professional manner
The Education and Employers Charity values having a diverse workforce. We are committed to equality
of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The closing date for applications is 17th August 2018 and only successful candidates will be notified no
later than 21st August that they have been shortlisted. Interviews will take place on the 23rd and 24th
August at the Education and Employers’ offices in Fleet Street London.
Only applications with a CV and a cover letter will be considered.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered under any circumstances.