Database Developer / Web Developer / SQL Developer
||£27000 - £27000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Galashiels, Scotland
Job Type: Full time. Permanent
The College is located in the Scottish Borders and offers a wide range of courses, from an introductory level through to advanced courses at Higher National level, including the full range of apprenticeships courses, from modern apprenticeships to foundation apprenticeships. We also provide a large number of industry-based training courses for businesses throughout Scotland.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To support the implementation, maintenance and development of the College's management information systems ensuring the delivery of high quality service standards. To provide support to all college faculties and support services with database systems, supporting their development and maintenance. To develop reporting and intelligence tools for use across the college.
* To develop, install, maintain and support database packages, in-house applications and web services to fully integrate database information sharing
* To improve integration of existing software products, maximising compatibility of platforms.
* To design and implement innovative software solutions to Corporate Information Systems (CIS) requirements using up to date techniques and software methodologies.
* To design create and maintain accessible, integrated and user-friendly staff and student interfaces to Managed Information Systems (MIS), HR, Finance, Library as required databases.
* To conduct needs analysis for the development of new MIS systems and/or the modification of existing systems.
* To create and agree project specifications with staff and the vendors of the college database systems when development is required
* To perform maintenance programming for existing versions of college databases and their user interfaces.
* To ensure the integrity and security of institutional data within the databases complying with relevant legislation
* To create necessary technical and architectural documentation
* To identify and participate in training, education and development activities to improve own knowledge and performance to sustain and enhance professional development
* To provide expert level support to database users with software-related issues or problems as necessary
* To train staff in the use of database functions and reporting
* To liaise with the vendors of these systems and the companies providing maintenance contracts ensuring that development projects are delivered to specification and contract.
* To assist, support and provide advice on the retrieval and reporting of data for users.
* To provide technical development and maintenance support for the College's integrated corporate information systems.
* To liaise with College users on their electronic information requirements and develop systems and services which meet user needs.
* To contribute to the preparation of MIS user notes, guidance materials, disaster recovery plans and other internal documentation for use within the College.
* To contribute to the development of MIS policies, procedures and specifications as required.
* To ensure that all MIS systems and development work are documented to College standards.
* To contribute towards the testing and evaluation of new MIS applications, including fault-finding and the development of solutions.
* To receive and respond to requests for individual assistance in using MIS systems.
You should be an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the values and behaviours of their College.
The successful applicant will assist College's new Head of ISLT to implement, maintain and develop the College's management information systems to ensure the delivery of a high quality
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing College who can offer you excellent salary and benefits including 44 days per annum annual leave, and a local government pension into which the College contributes 18% of salary.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.