||£33,783 - £36,522
Salary £33,783 to £36,522
MI5’s Infrastructure Services is made up of a number of engineering teams, each playing their part to ensure the organisation’s IT Services are reliable, stable and resilient to help keep the country safe. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of these teams and contribute to protecting the UK from threats to national security, including terrorism and espionage.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for IT, and are enthusiastic and keen to learn. You will already have some IT experience in one or more of the areas listed below, and regardless of which area you join us in, we will develop your technical capability with on the job training and an opportunity to obtain industry recognised accreditation where necessary.
On this occasion, we are looking for individuals to join the following areas within the Infrastructure Services:
• Network Engineers
• Desktop Implementation Engineers
• Infrastructure Tools Engineers
• Mobile Connections Engineers
• Data Centre Service Engineers
Depending on the role, your responsibilities will vary but you will be part of a supportive team and provided with an opportunity to develop your technical knowledge for a rewarding career within MI5. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Support and troubleshoot a variety of different IT systems;
• Build a good customer relationship with end users and deliver excellent customer service;
• Receive, and respond to, IT incidents and service requests within agreed SLAs;
• Liaise regularly with other IT support teams, including partners in other UK intelligence agencies; to ensure they are up to date and informed;
• Identify problems and areas for continual service improvement.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have a strong desire to develop their technical skills in a specific area of MI5’s Infrastructure Services. You will be expected to work as part of a team, dealing directly with customers and often in response to time critical operational requests. Strong troubleshooting ability is essential for success in this role.
You will be required to be able to effectively plan ahead and set clearly defined and realistic deadlines, taking a flexible approach to problem solving.
We particularly welcome applications from women and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
To find out more and apply, please click the APPLY button.
To apply to MI5 you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 18 years old and normally have lived in the UK for nine of the last ten years. You should not discuss your application, other than with your partner or close family member.