Senior Test Analyst
||Croydon and Central London
||Competitive plus full range of company benefits
Please note - you will be required to have valid security clearance for this role due to the requirements of the role.
Are you a Senior Test Analyst who is ready for a new challenge and would like the opportunity to work with some of the world's leading organisations? Perhaps you are ready to progress your career as a Test Analyst and are excited to make the next step in your career? Then read on.
We are a dynamic, supportive and successful company who work hard to recruit the right people. To fit our culture, you will genuinely care about software testing and about delivering a great service. You will also take the time to gain a clear understanding of the services ROQ offers, our client portfolio and client projects, business type and focus.
We also reward our team well, so if you are looking for a structured career path as well as tailored benefits, we can help.
What is the role?
Due to new client developments we are looking for a number of Senior Test Analysts to work across various projects in the South, typically, London, Croydon and Hendon. The roles available are for a 2 year, fixed term contract and you will be working on some key projects with household name companies and central government departments.
As a Senior Test Analyst at ROQ, you will play a key role in the planning of test activity and managing the subsequent execution and reporting for an assigned area of functionality.
Working closely with Test Managers to define the scope of testing required, a senior test analyst at ROQ will provide input regarding the methods and approaches which should be used in testing activities, and ensure that the necessary rigour is applied in all aspects of testing.
Working as part of a team, you will provide leadership, feedback, mentoring and coaching as required. With a flexible approach, you will be comfortable managing challenging timescales and frequent changes in day-by-day work plans.
- Accurately reviewing programme/project documentation that will form the test basis and providing appropriate feedback to strengthen these documents (static testing)
- Lead test specification activity for the allocated areas of functionality, providing support help and guidance to testers and more junior colleagues working alongside them
- Specify the test data required for the areas of functionality allocated and secure and prepare elements of this data where necessary
- Build working relationship with Business Analysts, technical resources and subject matter experts to ensure test specification is appropriate and gives desired coverage
- Design test cases and produce scripts to cover these
- Work collaboratively with business personnel, particularly around defining requirements and supporting execution for testing phases such as UAT and Live Proving
- Rigorously perform test execution, record the results accurately and log defects, and ensure the more junior colleagues work to the same high standards
- Ensure test artefacts produced are reviewed appropriately
- Providing workshops and training to technical resource and business users in testing related topics as required
- Experience of working in Waterfall, Agile and hybrid and custom testing approaches
- Practical exposure to testing tools including SpiraTest, Jira and Zephyr.
- Good working knowledge of one or more test management tools
- Skilled in the testing techniques required to drive out test conditions from key documents that form the test basis
- Typically, experience working as a Test Analyst across a number of programs including all key test phases (desirable)
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent combination of education and business or IT experience
If you would like to apply and join ROQ at this exciting time, then please click APPLY now.