||£63,888 - £68,693
Whatever your role at MI5, you’ll be contributing to protecting the UK from threats to national security including terrorism and espionage. We currently need Application Architects to work within our Information Technology group.
MI5 is looking for forward thinking, experienced application architects to join a successful team of broad skilled architects, working within a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
The architecture team is responsible for designing and delivering real world architectural solutions to strategic and dynamic requirements from fascinating business areas across our organisation. Working on technically advanced and innovative projects, the successful candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and of the complete delivery process.
• Gathering and interpreting requirements from the business and technical teams, including the implementation of proof of concepts to aid this process
• Working with Dev Ops teams and fellow architects to identify and design end to end architectural solutions, advising on and contributing to the implementation of application architecture and system/component interfaces
• Contributing to system roadmaps and future visions to help stakeholders understand where and how technology benefits them
• Using own experience, industry best practice and emerging trends, to initiate new ideas and conduct options analysis to recommend optimum solutions
• Designing interface specifications, writing high level design and detailed design for chosen solutions
• Being involved in the implementation of new technologies and methods
We are looking for individuals with experience of successful application design and integration in large scale enterprise organisations. With demonstrable technical expertise, you will have the ability to design solutions and evaluate the merit of different technical options and approaches.
You will need strong communication skills to explain the impact of application architecture to the business and technical community, and the desire to work collaboratively by sharing ideas and experience across the wider architecture team.
We particularly welcome applications from women and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
To find out more and apply, please click the APPLY button.
To apply to MI5 you must be a born or naturalised British citizen, over 18 years old and normally have lived in the UK for nine of the last ten years. You should not discuss your application, other than with your partner or close family member.