A rare opportunity to join an established hedge fund with the drive and passion of a start-up technology firm. We are a research-driven alternative investment management and technology company, both managing client money and providing innovative risk and financial analytics.
We believe technology and automation are transforming markets and will create endogenous volatility and new anomalies, and our niche is in delivering innovative investment analytics and solutions designed for this environment. We offer investment management services and virtual markets software to institutional investors.
(Trading Application Support Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Data Scientist, Release Engineer, Test Engineer, Algo Trading, Algorithmic Trading, Hedge Fund, Electronic Trading, Monitoring Trading Systems, Automation, Production Services, Scripting, SQL, Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Python, R, C++, C#, Docker, Azure)
We are expanding and looking to hire someone with around 1-2 years programming experience into an exciting team responsible for trade execution, development and operations. No previous experience of working in financial services is required, just the capability and enthusiasm to learn quickly.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is building and operating systems using an agile methodology with the latest technologies to run an algorithmic trading model, execute trades and provide risk management and operational reporting. This is a rare opportunity to be involved across the whole process from front to back office, and within your first six months you will take exams to become qualified for the UK investment profession.
This role offers a dynamic and intellectually stimulating working environment, where problems are relished, independent thinking and questioning encouraged, and experimentation and research to come up with new solutions are in our DNA. This role would suit someone with a passion for technology looking to apply and develop their skills outside the comfort zone of a single business unit.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execution - running, monitoring and developing trading systems
- Developing and ensuring the smooth operation of research simulations and reports - working with quants & investment managers
- Maintaining and improving software that supports all operational processes
- Testing, releasing and supporting production software
- Continuously improving processes to make them more efficient and robust.
- Educated to degree level in a science/numerical discipline (2:1 or above from a leading university)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for technology
- Good technical knowledge, including:
- Coding - 2 years of any language (we use C#, Python, R, C++ and more)
- Cloud Infrastructure and scaling (any Azure, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes an advantage)
- Application development and support (2-5 years) - (Git, Agile)
- Ability to work in a small team in a constantly changing environment. Flexibility is key
- Willingness to try new things and learn.
Our stack includes: Angular, Azure, SQL Server, Python, C#, R, Docker, Spark
(Trading Application Support Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Data Scientist, Release Engineer, Test Engineer, Algo Trading, Algorithmic Trading, Hedge Fund, Electronic Trading, Monitoring Trading Systems, Automation, Production Services, Scripting, SQL, Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Python, R, C++, C#, Docker, Azure).