Java Developer - Spring/NoSQL(MongoDB/Elasticsearch)/REST APIs
4th July 2018
£25000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Java Developer x3 (Java 8/Spring/Angular/Hadoop)
£25,000 - £45,000 + strong pension scheme, flexi-time, market leading training and more
Java Developers needed for a growing team based out of central Taunton. My client is a renowned profit-making government body whose important work in Big Data is utilised to inform decisions on a global scale. There a multiple positions within the team for varying levels of experience.
As Java Developer you will be working as part of a team that is working to fundamentally change the way this globally significant company handles data, its core and most important asset. You'll be working with a small growing team of developers who are focussed on 100% greenfield projects using the latest technologies including Java 8/9, Spring, Apache Hadoop and more.
Ideally you'll have at least a years' experience in producing clean, high quality code using core Java in a commercial environment and a focus on improving your own skills and the skills of those around you.
This is a perfect chance for any experienced java developer who's interested in working on big data projects with the latest tech. This business is directly responsible for the lives of people across the globe and the work that you produce can help shape and save those lives!
* At least a year's commercial experience using core Java to develop software
* Strong core Java experience is an absolute must
* Knowledge of modern design principles and patterns
* You must be able to work collaboratively, sharing information with key colleagues and stakeholders
* Evidence of personal projects would be a big plus
* Any experience with modern and emerging tech such as Java 8/9, Apache Hadoop, Angular.JS and more
They offer a range of benefits including
* A competitive salary
* An outstanding non-contributory pension scheme
* Very strong progression opportunities
* A flexible approach to training that can involve relevant paid for courses and seminars
* More holiday than you'll know what to do with!
* A newly built, high tech office
If this sounds like something that you might be interested in send me your CV ASAP so that we can arrange a time to speak!
You must hold a full valid UK driving and be fully eligible to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Commutable from Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Swindon, Chippenham, Taunton, Cardiff, Newport, Bath, Portishead, Bridgwater, Minehead, Street, Yeovil and more!