Head of ICT Operations
||Wolverhampton + Travel
||Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits or Negotiable Day Rate
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits or Negotiable Day Rate
Permanent or Contract position
Covering Operations in Wolverhampton & Gloucestershire
How does the prospect of leading a team in the delivery of high quality ICT services for a progressive and innovative organisation that’s implementing a brand new, radical strategy which will really make a genuine difference to their customers’ lives…sound to you? Well this is your chance to find out!
Built on over 50 years of expertise, Bromford is a £220 million enterprise looking to develop and grow our business by creating a platform to challenge and simplify existing operations for the benefit of customers and staff alike, whilst removing any barriers there are to making our services even better…and ICT is central to the process.
As the Head of ICT Operations, you’ll undertake a hybrid role in an ITIL focused environment, leading on both frontline customer service and technical infrastructure activities, including applications and help desk arenas, as well as supporting ‘business as usual’ legacy systems.
Acting as the primary interface between the business and ICT for all day to day operations - spanning service delivery, operational performance and new technology solutions - this will involve:
• Developing an ICT Operations management strategy and consistent approach across the organisation that will support current needs and our future business change programme
• Communicating, implementing and reviewing processes to ensure the strategic management of ICT is embedded in the operational plans of the organisation
• Delivering speed, reliability, measurability and continuous improvement, as well as defining business relevant KPIs to measure the success of the strategy
• Understanding the objectives of the wider organisation.
• Facilitating effective working relationships with key business stakeholders, to analyse existing systems, budgets and resources and business requirements, whilst building a culture of continuous service improvement
• The motivation and performance management of the ICT Operations team within an environment of change, seeking to maximise their contribution in relation to forecast work and resource requirements
• Initiating strategic work packages, aligning these with the skills and ability of the team
• Implementing and managing business focused Service and Operational Level agreements. Planning, implementing, reviewing and auditing service provision, to meet the needs of the business
Ideally, we’re looking for an ITIL qualified professional, with a relevant background in a similar senior level management role, who has seen and done it all before. In short, a proven performer who can demonstrate:
• Direct experience of leading and developing ICT Operations in an ITIL focused, real-time, business critical systems environment, including the ability to build, manage and lead operational teams
• Practical understanding and involvement in ERP operations and major transformation programmes, involving the leadership and implementation of successful restructuring and recruitment exercises
• The know-how and confidence to influence and motivate fellow ICT professionals, as well as rapidly absorb business issues and provide appropriate solutions
• Strong business/financial acumen, able to influence senior customers, along with excellent communication, engagement and presentation skills
In return, you can look forward to applying your expertise in progressive business with exciting plans ahead and getting well rewarded along the way.
Closing date for applications 20th July 2018.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford. We’ve been named as a top 3 best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor and we’ve partnered with South West-based Merlin Housing, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.