Digital Enterprise Manager
||Good employment conditions
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
About Global Commercial - Lubricants
Shell sells a wide variety of lubricants to meet customer needs across a range of applications. These include consumer motoring, heavy-duty transport, mining, power generation and general engineering. Shell’s portfolio of lubricant brands includes Shell Helix, Shell Rimula and Shell Tellus. We distribute, market and sell lubricants in over 100 countries. We also provide technical and business support to customers. We offer lubricant-related services in addition to our product range. These include Shell LubeMatch, the market leading product on-line recommendation tool, and Shell LubeAnalyst.
This position supports the European Cluster organisation and reports to EU digital and Ecommerce manager. The Digital Enterprise Manager - Europe position is responsible for maximizing value of startups that Shell has invested in and generating synergies between downstream business and aggregators as well as managing large ecommerce accounts and ecommerce agencies.
The person will be accountable for piloting, testing and optimizing these business models to achieve and maintain significant financial returns.
What will you do:
• Leverage Shell ecosystem to maximize value of start-ups Shell has invested in
• Manage large e-commerce accounts (Ebay, Amazon) and e-commerce agencies
• Develop new business models to generate online sales
• Provide evidence-based analysis of the commercial value generated by digital programmes ensuring rigorous piloting of programs takes place and processes to learn, optimize and iterate
• Share best-practices across the region on implementation and continually learn from implementation to inform future development of ecommerce
What we need from you?
• University degree in business, marketing or MBA equivalent
• Strategy, account management and channel management experience
• Direct knowledge of developing digital platforms and online sales
• Digital Product Management experience
• Experience of customer centric design, innovation processes and development of new initiatives
• Experience in influencing without having direct authority across a wide range of stakeholders and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently, both strategically and operationally with limited resources
• Strong interface / stakeholder management skills and proven ability to deliver through others
• Ability to manage complex organisational interfaces
• A strong interest in digital trends and new online business models
What we offer you:
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online via the 'APPLY' button.
Agency calls not appreciated