Communications Collaboration Lead (CCNA, Cisco and Polycom VC, Creston API
3rd July 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. Global Infrastructure within Schroders is going through an enormous period of transformation, over the past few years we’ve gone through an enormous period of technical change which has pushed Unified Communications to the fore. Our reliance on audio visual, voice and video conferencing has increased dramatically and we're now moving to a truly collaborative working environment. With our new London head office only months away it’s an exciting place to be, as we embrace a smart building with over one hundred and fifty collaborative meeting rooms.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Global Infrastructure seek a Collaboration Specialist to who will be the key technical engineer supporting Audio Visual and Video conferencing within Schroders. Candidates should have demonstrable experience of working in a large global organisation and have specific support and implementation experience.
As a Communications and Collaboration Specialist you will excel in the following;-
• Leading the video conference estate
• Enhancements to that estate
• Integration of different AV and video systems through the use of modern APIs
• Capacity planning and the management and monitoring of the estate General and Technical Skills:
A good communicator and team player with sound technical knowledge across the AV and collaboration space. The successful candidate will join a team of forward thinking engineers who excel at thinking outside the box and driving things forward without being afraid to use bespoke solutions. Any candidate should have a good technical background in Ethernet and IP networking and have an awareness of security. Specific technical skills as follows:
• Cisco video conferencing equipment and systems - Codecs, TMS, CMS, CUCM and Expressway servers
• Polycom video conferencing equipment and systems - Codecs, DMA, RMX and RPAD servers
• Call routing, call admission control, management and capacity planning
• Common video conferencing protocols such as SIP and h.323
• Immersive telepresence systems
• API based control on codecs and systems
• Interoperability between room and desktop video systems
• Crestron room control systems
• Crestron APIs especially Simple#
• Crestron Fusion device management
• Network and systems management experience
• IPTV systems