Senior Pricing Analyst
2nd July 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lowell is one of Europe’s largest credit management companies, with operations in the UK, Germany and Austria and a vision to be the best in its field in Europe. Lowell’s comprehensive range of products and services improve the financial well-being of clients and consumers, and its experience, expertise, and core strengths in data analytics and operational efficiency underpin its vision to be the most reputable and trusted partner in the European credit management sector.
About Decision Science
Lowell’s Decision Science department is focused on understanding, measuring, and predicting consumer financial behaviour. The team comprises business analysts, statisticians, and quantitative scientists dedicated to addressing the company’s most challenging analytic problems. From asset pricing based on sophisticated consumer segmentation schemes, to the development of operational and forecasting models that enhance operational performance, to experimenting with new product ideas for our institutional clients, we use mathematics, psychology, economics, and raw business acumen to support the needs of our pan-European business.
We believe that success in our business depends critically on establishing and maintaining an information advantage. Through our industry-leading consumer database (we currently hold data on 1 in 5 UK and German, consumers), Lowell has developed proprietary behavioural and asset valuation models, bespoke software applications, and a variety of other business tools. Moreover, each year we make significant investments in credit bureau and proprietary consumer data that describe demographic, account-level, and macroeconomic factors related to credit, savings, and payment behaviour. Our pan-European relationship with low- and middle-income consumers provides a unique perspective on household consumption, credit, and saving behaviours and, through our work, we hope to advance thinking in the areas of business operations and consumer intelligence.
We are expanding massively and have ambitious growth plans so looking for a few more analyst, senior analyst and manager positions within Pricing & Valuation, Portfolio & Revaluation and Consumer Insights domain to know more visit www.lowell.com and look for job category as decision science & analytics.
- Senior Statistical Analyst
- Pricing Model Analyst
- Pricing Analyst (Contingent Services)
- Applied Modelling Analyst
- Statistical Modelling Manager
- Portfolio Forensics Manager
- Portfolio Forensics Analyst
- Senior Portfolio Forensics Analyst
We do offer relocation within UK.
Main purpose of job
The Senior Pricing Analyst will join the Pricing and Investments team, within the Decision Science department, and fulfil a range of analytical activities to support our Debt Purchase business in the UK solve some of the company’s most challenging problems.
In particular, through the application of powerful statistical tools and close partnership with our stakeholders across the company (including Business Development and Operations), the Senior Debt Purchase Pricing Analyst will analyse drivers of revenue and cost, model operational performance and ultimately set pricing recommendations for our contingent business. As such, the ability to build trust-based relationships and to solve problems through analytical rigour are essential.
In addition, pricing analysts at all levels of seniority are expected to present their analyses and conclusions to the company’s Investment Committee and senior leaders; therefore, this role demands business acumen, drive, confidence, and the ability to explain complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that partners broadly within the organization and influences the company’s operational, analytic, and financial strategies. Moreover, this role is part of a thriving, pan-European modelling community devoted to using the best elements of applied and theoretical work from statistics, psychology, management science, and behavioural economics to understand the fundamental drivers of consumer financial behaviour.
Future Decision Science team members are likely to show equal curiosity and comfort discussing the trade-offs between different statistical methods, the impact of macroeconomic factors on consumer behaviour, or the fundamental drivers of revenue and cost within a business unit.
- Generate pricing recommendations, concerning the commercial terms of new contingent business opportunities in the UK, by conducting appropriate analysis and predictive modelling to forecast future net cashflows
- Partner with Operations to understand portfolio servicing strategies and incorporate the results into modelling and valuation work
- Serve as an asset valuation and data analysis thought leader, with a particular focus on contingent services
- Act as a mentor/coach for junior analysts within the department and oversee their work in collaboration with departmental managers
Functional expertise/technical skills/qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., economics, math, physics) from a top twenty institution with at least a 2.1 grade
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, Enterprise Guide, and/or Enterprise Miner
- At least basic working knowledge of SQL with the ability to write T-SQL, likely obtained through prior work experience conducting data analysis, reporting, querying and data management
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel (experience with database structures would also be helpful)
- 3+ years’ experience operating in a related field (e.g., asset valuation/pricing, predictive modelling, credit scoring)
- Significant experience with NPV calculations, asset valuation and/or cash flow estimation approaches is essential
Business and Personal Leadership/skills and attitudes
- Problem Solving:
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and ambiguity tolerance to look beyond the obvious in the pursuit of better answers
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish (especially in the face of resistance or setbacks)
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Presentation Skills:
- Able to explain complex topics and present technical information clearly, both in writing and verbally
- Comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and at ease when having to change direction, including managing questions, to fulfil audience requirements
- Learning on the Fly:
- Absorbs information quickly when facing new problems
- Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything
- Committed to and actively works to continuously improve oneself
How to apply?
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button.
Closing date: 2 August 2018
As a European leader in credit management services, we serve every part of the credit management value chain across a range of sectors. With our combined expertise in debt purchasing, third party collections, business process outsourcing, credit management and e-commerce, we serve every part of the credit management value chain across a range of sectors. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional Lowell experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better credit for all.