28th June 2018
£35000 - £55000
Guernsey Financial Services Commission
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Commission relies on IT based information systems in order to function. The Commission has developed a number of bespoke systems in order for us to exercise good and effective regulation across the Bailiwick of Guernsey’s Financial Services industry. The maintenance and improvements needed for these systems, together with new development work, is prioritised at our internal Development Prioritisation Committee. In recent years the Commission has focused our investments and staff time on the highest priorities, this has inevitably led to a backlog of IT fixes, development work and additional (desired) work which has been identified for some time.
The GFSC is looking for a Business Analyst to join the Commission on a 2-3 year fixed term contract to assist with the above development work. The successful candidate will report into the Head of IT / Online Services.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
-Identifying supervisory requirements for systems functionality.
-Co-ordinating and undertaking user acceptance testing for systems as required, identifying test cases, developing test plans and test outcomes.
-Liaising with divisional representatives with respect to projects, as required.
-Assisting with the maintenance, development and delivery of a training programme for projects, as required.
1. Working to ensure the Commission delivers high quality prudential, financial crime and conduct
regulation within the Bailiwick of Guernsey including facilitating innovation and discouraging poor
2. Assisting to protect and enhance the Bailiwick’s international reputation and competitive position*
within the financial services sector in order to promote a regulatory environment in which good firms
do good business.*
3. Delivering systems training to supervisory and non-supervisory staff as applicable.
4. Identifying supervisory requirements for systems functionality.
5. Co-ordinating and undertaking user acceptance testing for systems as required, identifying test cases,
developing test plans and test outcomes.
6. Identifying opportunities for the general development of the systems offerings both from an internal
and external user perspective.
7. Undertaking any other tasks required in the development and support of systems.
8. Taking responsibility for project management identified by the Head of IT/ Online Services, as
Communication and Written Skills
9. Liaising with divisional representatives with respect to projects, as required.
10. Participating in working group meetings to refine the requirements for projects, as required.
11. Assisting with the development of guidance materials, liaising with divisional representatives as
12. Assisting with the maintenance, development and delivery of a training programme for projects, as
13. Producing written work, which is accurate, clear and concise, that can be relied upon as a Commission
14. Chairing/contributing to meetings in a clear and professional manner.
Professional Excellence and Cooperation
15. Collaborating with others across the team and the Commission; understanding all aspects of the role
and how it contributes to the success of the Commission.
16. Assisting with the training of new staff joining the organisation, recognising the different styles and
abilities of the team.
17. Supporting staff and contributing to their development, including reviewing and monitoring workflow
and providing on the job training, advice and guidance. Sharing relevant information across the team
where appropriate and communicating constructive feedback in a timely manner.
18. Demonstrating an awareness of both Commission and Industry pressures, developing a ‘can do’
attitude whilst taking personal responsibility for own workload, prioritising tasks and rescheduling as
required, ensuring plans are put in place to meet the Commission’s business objectives and are
19. Representing the Commission and developing career by attending appropriate training courses,
conferences, workshops and seminars.
20. Taking responsibility for updating professional and technical knowledge, developing an understanding
of regulatory laws, rules, codes and guidance. Working towards accreditation required in the role,
including professional qualifications where appropriate.
21. Completing all work promptly to a high standard, in line with team requirements and ensures a high
quality of work is consistently produced by the team displaying a high level of attention to detail.
22. Making constructive recommendations for change and improvement and assists in the implementation
of all change.
Any other duties or responsibilities as may be required from time to time in context with the job and in
relation to the services provided by the Commission.