Assistant Project Manager (HE)
||£33340 - £36674
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
We are seeking 3x Project Managers to work within our highly successful Regional Investment Programme in the South East! In return, we will offer you a competitive reward package that includes a supportive, highly flexible working environment, 26 day's annual leave and a generous contributory pension scheme. We also offer excellent learning and development opportunities to help you take your career to the next level.
As Assistant Project Manager you will be required to contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, carrying out assigned project work to ensure the achievement of project objectives within agreed time, quality, and cost thresholds; maintaining effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards; and ensuring adherence to these standards across the supply chain and Highways England.
Day to Day:
* Support project compliance with Highways England Portfolio, Programme and Project Management System (P3MS); contribute to the creation of high quality baseline management products, produce timely and accurate reports, and create and maintain specified records.
* Carry out feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed projects, to inform the development of business cases and investment proposals. (applicable to pre-construction).
* Plan and define project steps or schedules, consistent with defined review milestones and priorities, to contribute to the design of the overall project plan.
* Contribute to the identification, implementation and monitoring of day-to-day support for the project activities including contract compliance, risk management, Health & Safety, financial management and reporting, document control, assurance and governance, to ensure adherence to Highways England standards.
* Contribute to the commissioning and performance management of delivery partners and expert consultancy support, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time and cost; and recommending appropriate remedial action where necessary.
* Contribute to the identification and evaluation of emerging risks, issues, dependencies and constraints associated with the project, and the development and implementation of solutions to overcome these.
* Plan and manage own CPD to ensure continuing development of Project Management skills and awareness and understanding of industry best practices.
* Experience supporting the development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high profile projects or
* Evidence of leading and delivering low risk non-complex projects
* Evidence of managing stakeholder relationships and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
* Evidence of commercial skills to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money
* Able to mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within the business
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.