||Haybrook IT Resourcing
||£25,000 - £45,000
A Front-end Web Developer is required to be part of an exciting Games and Media Company based in Oxford. This is an exceptional opportunity to play a critical role in connecting an Award Winning Media company with their increasing number of consumers.
The Front-end Web Developer will be responsible for front-end design and programming and take care of the website interface and usability. There will also be some interaction with some back-end programming using PHP, as required.
As a Front-end Web Developer, your main responsibilities will include:
• Design, implement, test and maintain websites, focusing on front-end design, interaction and usability
• Work to functional and project-specific aesthetic briefs, within technical limitations
• Design sample/mock-up page layouts and/or wireframes
• Design graphics, web animations and manipulate digital images and photographs
• Design visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy
• Support our PHP programmers in the implementation and maintenance of back-end systems
• General web administration
Some of the skills required in this Front-end Web Developer vacancy are as follows:
• Strong flair for creative front-end web design and interaction
• Ability to wireframe and/or prototype
• Working knowledge of any of the following would also be a bonus: IDEs, debugging, logging, automated testing (PHPUnit, TDD), version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN), Agile methodologies, Linux OS and command line tools
• Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL would be desirable
Please include a link to your portfolio of web design examples, clearly stating your level of involvement in each case.
Along with being part of an award winning company and working on exciting projects, the Web Developer position comes with an attractive benefits list including a competitive salary, relaxed working environment and flexible hours.
The office is located in Oxford, with good public transport links and easily accessible from a range of locations including Banbury, Bicester, Aylesbury, Witney, Chipping Norton, Didcot, Swindon, High Wycombe and Reading. It is also close to a train station with direct links, within 1 hour from Paddington, Slough, Maidenhead, Birmingham and Basingstoke among others.
This Front-end Web Developer role is open to both junior and experienced level candidates who would like to work for one of Europe’s leading game developers.
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.