Urban Mobility Startup seeks Technical Consultant (f/m)
moovel Group GmbH
18th June 2018
moovel Group GmbH
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
I am Thorsten. As the COO of moovel I am heading the fantastic teams at our operation department. Together we are responsible for roll-outs, operations and growth of our digital, urban mobility products. Our job combines really interesting fields, the customer and the technical side, so basically every day can look pretty different. As we grow and want to offer our customers the best and smoothest service and implementation, our team needs more support - someone who enjoys customer contact as much as we do, gains a good understanding of our products and has a strong technical background.
Developing the future of urban mobility is fun and a huge and exciting task - that's why we need you!
FIRST A QUICK LOOK AT US
moovel is part of a large global corporation (Daimler AG), but at the heart of it we are a start-up. We act as a partner for cities, transport networks and customers with the goal of making cities smarter and creating an operating system for urban mobility that provides access to appropriate mobility options in urban areas and paves the way for the future with autonomous vehicles. Currently, 250 employees work in small creative teams in Germany and the U.S. at four locations - Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart and Portland.
HOW THE ROLE WORKS:
You will be part of the Rollout & Operations Team, which means that you will work closely together with our rollout manager and our customer. As a tech consultant, your job is mainly to consult our clients (i.e. public transport agencies and cities) and support them on a smooth implementation and operation of our mobility solutions for example by conducting technical workshops. For the other moovel teams and especially for the Product and Tech teams you are the gateway to the roll out/ customer. So you are responsible to sync the scope of the deliverables with the (microservices) architecture and technical progress of our agile product development.
We develop our products in-house so you will be in close contact to our product development teams and therefore work constantly (closely aligned with our growth team) on improving our products.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO
- Conduct technical workshops with our clients
- Work closely with the in-house tech teams on the implementation of new products and solutions
- Manage rollouts of innovative digital mobility products and solutions ("onboarding") in attractive (mostly European) Cities and metropolitan areas
- Supervise existing products in operations and constantly improve our products and processes in an agile working environment
- Working in a fast-changing business within agile teams, always challenging and striving for the best solutions
- Degree in computing, digital science, business, product/project management, business informatics or a related technical/digital field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a complex environment
- Good writing and communication skills are required in English as well as in German
- Experience in an agile product development work setting
- Understanding of modern software/mobile (microservices) architecture
- Passion for learning about urban mobility, multimodal platforms and emerging disruptive technologies
- Effectively communicate complicated concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude with a strong sense of product quality
- Always open to take it with a smile ;)
- Choose your own hardware
- Working with newest technologies & microservices
- Company pension plan
- Free breakfast, coffee & water
- Mobility allowance
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team of experts
- Working on products with a high impact on society
- International teams
- Child care allowance
- Flexible working hours
In summary, we are looking for a keen team member who has experience in technical consulting, software architecture or project management of digital projects or products and would like to change the future of urban mobility and implement products with impact. If you love several projects at the same time, want to support our customers with your technical superpower and share our vision of a planet without traffic jams - we look forward to getting to know you personally! Apply by using the 'Apply' button.