Head of Product - Loyalty
18th June 2018
Welwyn Garden City
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About Loyalty & Clubcard
Clubcard effectively created the UK retail loyalty market over 23 years ago and remains an integral part of the Tesco brand DNA, providing significant value to our customers and our business. Clubcard has over 15m active customers and 48% of our members' say they shop at Tesco because of Clubcard.
The aim for Clubcard is to become the must-have loyalty programme for everyone who shops at Tesco. Through elegant product design, we want to offer our customers an easy, relevant and unique way to be rewarded for their custom.
Going forward we will build out from our core Clubcard loyalty proposition into a subscription offering for our most valuable colleagues and customers: A best of Tesco bundle that persuades them to shop more of Tesco more often
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
* Car Allowance of £7,320 per annum
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
* A retirement savings plan: 6%-10% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Health Screening every 2 years
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Head of Product - Loyalty
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
Reporting to the Online Product Director, as a master practitioner of Product Management, you are responsible for:
* Defining the long-term vision for the Loyalty products across Tesco with clearly defined outcomes for the product portfolio
* Building trusted relationships with stakeholders based on agreed outcomes and credible roadmaps to release value incrementally.
* Taking business propositions or unstructured problems from inception to production and building user-centric, scalable, world-class products that deliver significant business value.
* Leading/managing/recruiting/inspiring/developing a team of product managers to deliver- using your knowledge, judgment, and skill to ensure your team is working on the right priorities with right level of effectiveness.
* Setting clear goals and KPIs for team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products.
* Fostering a culture of empowered decision making and speed throughout your team.
* Enabling your team to deliver results. Identify and remove impediments to ensure the team is successful in delivering the committed deliverables.
* Achieving or exceeding agreed objectives across all the Products owned/managed by the team.
* Creating a culture of innovation and continuous improvement of delivery methodologies
* Collaborating with your Director to understand the future demand and direction, provide advice on team-related issues and overall portfolio of products required to deliver the loyalty business strategy.
* This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
* Domain expertise in Loyalty
* Have proven success in setting product strategies and managing multiple products from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycles to achieve measurable success across defined KPIs.
* Experience in setting product objectives and key results and leading the team to either achieve or exceed them.
* Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating products/ business priorities.
* Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context/approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
* Understand the impact of Tech debt and the value Tech upgrades can bring in, and can hold objective conversations with technology counterparts to prioritize
* Have great prioritization and decision making skills and have made good decisions/ judgements around business priorities and resource allocation, etc.
* Experience in conducting fair appraisals and handling conflicts.
* Experience in building/hiring world class teams.
* Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
* Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.