M&E Quantity Surveyor
Rate: £320 - £400 per day
Duration: 6 months, 2-3 days per week
Job Ref: JR622393
Our Client is one of the leading multinational consultancies with a well-established and respected team of cost professionals operating across specialist sectors such as Data Centres not just in the UK but across Europe.
This contract is available on a part time basis for 2-3 days per week. There is scope for being taken on as permanent staff at the end of the contract if there is interest from the applicant.
Our Client is looking for an M&E Quantity Surveyor to join their specialist data centre team, the M&E QS will be based in the City of London, with occasional travel to sites in Amsterdam. Travel to these Data Centre sites is only for 1 day at a time and will typically be once per month at most. Naturally all costs including flights and hotels will be paid for.
What the job of the M&E Quantity Surveyor will involve
The M&E Quantity Surveyor:
* The M&E Quantity Surveyor will produce cost plans for data centre clients.
* You will be responsible for cost controlling costs on all projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
* As an M&E Quantity Surveyor you will be tasked with managing and forecasting the Cash flow of a series of projects.
* Responsible for valuation and cost control of the building services, sometimes involved in negotiation of contract sum, complete with preparation and negotiation of financial impact on base build works and preliminary costs
* Development of the feasibility elemental budgets and cost appraisal for various energy efficient building services recommended by the engineers to help the client understand the constraints and possible paybacks on the renewable measures
* Carrying out interim valuations, preparing the variation account; complete financial management of subcontract accounts; valuation of all additional works including additional value for management and drafting costs;
* Cost planning through to production of tender pricing schedules, produce a pricing schedule, pre-tender estimate and tender analysis.
The Requirements of the M&E Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal M&E Quantity Surveyor should:
* Have a minimum of 3 years' experience working as a Quantity Surveyor on M&E / Building Services within UK construction.
* Must offer current or recent experience with Data Centre consultancies or end users.
* Must be happy to be based out of London.
* Must have knowledge and experience of JCT forms of contract.
* Preferably have experience with FIDIC forms of contract
To apply for the position of M&E Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe on [Telephone number removed]
or email a copy of your CV to
Joe on Click here to contact this recruiter
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.