Product Assurance & Safety Specialist
||Dependent upon experience £Neg
Product Assurance & Safety Specialist required to join a dynamic and growing award-winning technology innovator for the space market and NASA, and currently working on a number of ESA space missions.
Product Assurance | Quality Assurance | Safety | ESA | ECSS |
As Product Assurance & Safety Specialist you will be responsible for:
• Improving the likelihood of a mission’s success by supporting the project teams.
• Fail-proof missions by ensuring that the materials, mechanical part, processes and electrical components used to assemble a product to be deployed in space shall be fit for purpose over the entire life of a mission.
• Providing engineering support to all space related activities, verifying compliance to Product Assurance requirements, in particular ESA standards ‘ECSS’ and have in depth knowledge of these standards and how the intertwine and interweave throughout the project phases, especially the more difficult phases C and D.
• Represent and act as an independent technical authority in the materials, mechanical parts, processes and electrical component domains, while also providing bespoke space environmental exposure facilities for use in support of programmes.
• Securing the availability of qualified materials, parts, processes and suitably train staff/personnel for all our project missions, future-proofing them by guaranteeing short, medium and long-term access to critical technologies and monitoring industry trends across all technical domains to help underpin our competitiveness in the space sector.
• Developing and promoting a technical understanding of the effects of the space environment on materials and components within the company and to all our subcontractors engaged in our projects. The working tools are laboratories, test facilities, reviews, audits, inspection of processes and products. A PA&S engineers will alert managers if on potential quality problems and initiate corrective actions.
To be considered for the Product Assurance & Safety Specialist role you will need to have:
• Experience with ESA missions and the ECSS framework for the development and manufacture of flight qualified equipment
• Experienced with EEE and PADs, NCS, MPCBs, PCBs, material selection including optical components, mechanical and electrical inspection of avionics and space flight equipment
• Experience with ESA standards for PWBs, soldering, surface mount technology, cables and harnesses, ESD and conformal coating including the oversight of 3rd party agents in the provision of these services such as PWB/PCB design and component selection and ESA approved CCA suppliers.
• Experience in the administration of requirements and procedural documents for internal and external customers and suppliers (processes, procedures, audits) including the use of a database software in particular the use of Eclipse or eNCTS as PA/QA manager or supervisor to a ESA mission or other similar space agency mission
• Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An engineering Degree or suitable engineering working experience or Military service background
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.