Project Team Lead IIoT
Siemens plc is a leading technology company which prides itself on delivering innovative solutions to our customers. Digitalisation as one of our key strategic drivers and is critical to the future business of Siemens. Our mission is to provide robust, next-generation Digital solutions that support innovative technologies and new business models across our Divisional Portfolio. We can create significant opportunities where IT and operational technology ( OT) converge to create value for our many customers.
MindSphere, the cloud-based, open IoT operating system is at the heart of Siemens Digital Enterprise strategy. MindSphere allows customers to analyse their production assets and products in operation and feedback these insights across the entire value chain for continuous optimization. MindSphere delivers a wide range of device and enterprise system connectivity protocol options, industry applications, advanced analytics and a development environment that utilizes both Siemens’ open Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) capabilities and features of the AWS infrastructure and cloud services. MindSphere’s open PaaS capabilities enable a rich partner ecosystem to develop and deliver industry applications.
We have been awarded acceleration funding by our Managing Board to create a DevOps team to deliver six identified propositions into regulated UK utilities based on novel business models enabled by MindSphere. This team will develop and support of the applications (MindApps) that sit on the MindSphere platform and insight from analytics will be at the heart of these applications. It is anticipated that this team will form the kernel of a capability that will support the full range of MindApp development opportunities across Siemens plc.
Initial focus will be on delivery of these six propositions and the role is expected to grow as we scale with a significant pipeline of opportunities across Siemens plc. The role will be split into the Project Team Lead and DevOps Team Lead once more traction within the market has been gained, allowing the candidate to choose which role they would like to take.
The role of the team leader will be to manage the day to day activities of a small and focused team of Data Scientists and Software App Developers to deliver the applications that sit on MindSphere (MindApps).. These MindApps will provide the insight that will enables the commercial models considered for each of the six propositions. Analytics in these MindApps will be developed by the team and through contracted third parties.
Delivering these new MindApps will require the jobholder to integrate this function with other new investment in product management and sales functions to support these six propositions; as well as the existing infrastructure that supports these markets; and the MindSphere team. The ability to prioritize opportunities while managing team resource to ensure delivery expectations are met for both internal and external customers.
Customer co-creation is central to the strategy for this new team. The candidate will be able to support the business development process with senior management in UK utilities.
What are my responsibilities?
• Definition of DevOps strategy including implementation of Agile working and tool selection
• Key focus on effective delivery of six MindSphere propositions into UK utilities
• Work closely with the teams financial controller to effectively track DevOps team budget and financial delivery
• Collaborate with the wider Siemens plc digital community including but not limited to the Digital UK&IRL Group, MindSphere Innovation Network (MINe) and MindSphere Application Centres (MAC) to share best practice and innovation
• Provide alignment with the MindSphere team ( DF-CAS)
• Act as coach and mentor to DevOps team
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• Demonstrable track record of IT delivery in a complex and changing environment
• Able to leverage internal relationships to navigate internal Siemens processes.
• Demonstrate Team leadership in a similar role where the agility of management is key to the team’s success
• Experience of stakeholder influence at all levels.
• Understanding of business strategy and emerging technology.
• Customer facing capabilities, strong influencer and negotiations skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven team work/leadership skills and the ability to drive decision making across multiple stakeholders.
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
• Analytical mind and business acumen
• Experience of IT Delivery in a challenging environment
• Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) would be an advantage
• An understanding of Data Law would be an advantage
• Good understanding of Siemens projects and strategy would be an advantage.
• Will be based in Manchester but also able to travel across the region up to 50%.
• Good ICT skills and a project background. Qualified ITIL Service Manager would be an advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.