Senior Software Engineer - Innovation Centre
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Software Engineer, Innovation Center, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Blockchain, NLP, Mobile, Front-end, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on expert level software engineers to help us build some innovative products and pilots.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Staff Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will lead development of several innovation projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Takes responsibility for design and delivery of complex information systems from supplied specifications.
* Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities
* Demonstrates creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
* Is an active thought leader in own specialism whilst taking initiative to keep skills up to date.
* Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives.
* Makes technical decisions which impact the success of assigned projects / products
* Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets. Assesses and evaluates risk.
* Understands and articulates the relevance of own area of responsibility/specialism to the employing organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers.
* Takes customer requirements into account when making proposals (incl. product development).
* Mentors more junior colleagues in the application of relevant technologies
* Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
* Communicates effectively, both formally and informally.
* Leads in Design and Code Review activities and ensures adherence to Secure Code and Coding Standards
* Comfortable developing/designing on multiple projects/disciplines at the same time
What we're after…
* A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
* Expert level skills in Java / C# / C++
* In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
* Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
* Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
* Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
* Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
* Experience in network programming (Sockets) to build service self-healing
* Experience implementing multiple cross cutting concerns and non-functional requirements using aspect oriented programming (viz. aspectJ)
* 8 years of hands-on development experience required
* Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
* Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
* Experience in language features such as lambda expressions, generics, and streams
* Experience in working on cryptography and Bluetooth based transmission protocols
* Experience in IoT, NFC, Bluetooth LE, machine learning / data science, NLP
* Experience in payments tech industry
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.