Software Development Engineer in Test
||Hymans Robertson LLP
This role sits within the Insights and Analytics practice and is responsible for working as part of a multidisciplinary team on the development of web services and applications. It is a development role, but with a very firm focus on the testability, robustness, and performance of the software.
Our firm invests in the very latest technologies to facilitate the delivery of our ground breaking business solutions. Our team are passionate about working at the cutting edge and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to use the most up to date range of Microsoft product technology solutions including Azure, and be part of a team that employs an agile approach to software design and implementation.
• Participating in design and architectural discussions
• Some coding, to contribute to the development of high-quality web, desktop and service based applications and frameworks.
• Taking responsibility for the testability, robustness, and performance of the software.
• Automation of processes to enable the thorough testing of code, including security and performance tests.
• Working with and coaching other developers within the team to ensure there is extensive unit test code coverage.
• Some manual testing - you must enjoy breaking things.
• Keeping up to date with the latest tools, techniques and best practices.
• Working in close collaboration other members of the team and the wider technology community.
1. Sharing knowledge and expertise.
2. Active contribution towards the quality assurance strategy
• Computer Science degree (or equivalent qualification); OR
• Demonstrable experience of writing and testing software in a commercial environment
• Knowledge of OO concepts, design patterns, and of designing OO systems
• C# .NET development skills
• Utilising unit test frameworks (NUnit / SpecFlow/ MS Test/ Jasmine)
• Planning, designing and implementing automated tests.
• Experience of and keen interest in software security testing, tools and security threats.
• Experience of and keen interest in performance testing
• Experience working with Typescript and Angular
• Experience with SSIS, SQL Server, T-SQL, Entity Framework, Table Storage
• Managing Source Control - TFS, Git
• Understanding and experience using Azure Cloud PaaS
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Service Bus
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated with a drive to improve processes and working practices
• Flexibility to work in a fast changing environment
• Attention to detail
• Confidence to engage constructively in a multi-disciplined team environment
• Passion for technology
Please apply via the 'APPLY' button.
No recruitment agencies please.