Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a PS4 Software Development Engineer, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
This an exciting opportunity to join Visa Inc. a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 14,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The position is for a Software Engineer with proven technical skills to work within the dynamic area of Visa Network Processing Services. The role is based within the European Network Processing Product Development team located in Reading, Berkshire - some occasional travel to Basingstoke/Paddington is required.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the design, creation, unit testing and documentation of new complex and amended information systems, including investigation and resolution of issues relating to production services/applications and associated maintenance procedures. Proactively maintaining their understanding and awareness of relevant technology trends and techniques, and seek to constantly broaden knowledge with continuing education, participation in professional associations, and attendance at conferences.
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Analysis, design, coding, test, and delivery in accordance with agreed standards.
* Document all work undertaken in accordance with agreed standards.
* Building and maintaining relationships within the team to ensure cohesive and efficient delivery.
* Ensure conformance to the SDLC methodology and quality developed by the Network Processing Services.
* Leads in Design and Code Review activities and ensures adherence to Secure Code and Coding standards.
* Experience with structured analysis, object-oriented analysis and distributed systems and/or client server desirable.
* Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent assignments with both technical and business staff.
* Provides advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues when required.
* Flexibility, self-motivated, high work standards, attention to detail, ability to perform as an individual contributor or as a member or leader within a team and a self-starter.
* Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
What we're after…
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably in an I.T or Scientific discipline)
* Extensive software development experience, using Java/C++ or similar OO Languages
* Experience of working in Waterfall/Agile methodologies
* Experience of using Unix/Linux
* Strong analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Be able to work under own initiative with limited guidance from their team lead
* Ability to provide accurate and timely management information to project managers and all other interested parties.
* Good communicator and team player
* Able to work shift patterns as required during Releases and for ongoing Product Support as the role demands
* Exposure to technologies such as GoLang, Erlang, Hadoop, Kafka, Virtualisation and noSQL databases
* Experience in Continuous Integration and Automation
* Business knowledge of Bank Card Processing principles
* Experience of development work on large, multithreaded, distributed, real-time and high availability transaction processing systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.