Digital Forensics Officer
||The Competition and Markets Authority
||£31,363 - £36,126
||Competition & Markets Authority
Are you wanting to work across varied and complex investigations of national importance? If so, then this role might be for you.
The CMA is the UK’s world-leading government body established to make sure competition works in consumers’ favour and businesses treat their customers fairly. Be it taking enforcement action against drug firms accused of over-charging the NHS, investigating online ticket resale platforms over concerns they don’t give customers all the information they should or carrying out a major study into the care homes industry, what we do really matters and makes a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a Digital Forensics Officer to join our Enforcement Directorate to deliver a proactive and comprehensive investigative service. As a member of the Digital Forensics Investigation Service Team, you will undertake a variety of digital forensics and eDiscovery tasks in the collection and analysis of electronic evidence.
To be considered you must be able to evidence:
• Experience of carrying out research and analyses to support cases.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of dealing with internal and external stakeholders to provide a high-quality service.
• Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
• Knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems and how to extract data from them in a forensically sound manner.
• Some experience of understanding and implementing the Forensic Science Regulator's requirements as they relate to Digital Forensics and the importance of adhering to policy and procedures.
In return we offer generous benefits, including an excellent pension scheme, at least 25 days leave (increasing to 30 over five years), and generous maternity/paternity leave provision. You can also take advantage of interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, our employee well being programme and favourable consideration of flexible working.
The CMA are currently undergoing rapid business growth. Joining us now, as we work on our next phase of transformation, will offer uniquely exciting professional opportunities.
To find out more about this opportunity and about working for the CMA, please click on the APPLY button.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds.