Product Manager - Media
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The Role - Product Manager - Media
We are looking for a talented individual to join the Online Product team as a Product Manager focusing on Media.
They will be responsible for the delivery of digital commercialisation solutions/platforms for all of our channels and markets and as well as identifying and developing new opportunities, managing internal and 3rd party solutions for Tesco's digital media portfolio.
The candidate will understand data, the digital media industry, ad-tech, ad-ops, emerging digital technologies, best practice and know how to use all these in a product development context.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
* Working with business and Dunhumby teams to define the media strategy, to support our vision: Tesco will be the best platform for Brand growth, serving Partners and Owned brands in pursuit of consumer awareness, consideration, sales and loyalty
* Making personalised Media a core component of our digital experience across all platforms, benchmarking from industry best practice and maximising the commercial value of our data, while at all times ensuring it is a uniquely Tesco experience and product
* Defining, delivering and optimisation of in house ad platforms for Tesco's digital portfolio
* Where appropriate working with 3rd parties to deliver the outcomes for the Tesco Media programme.
* Owning and managing a quantitative-focused backlog to deliver meaningful improvements using agreed KPIs for coverage, relevance and performance.
* Working with Technology to deliver the backlog using Agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues.
* Proactively seeking improvements to our ways of working and sharing best practice across the various teams involved in the development and ongoing management of our digital portfolio
* Monitoring and understanding the potential of new technologies and business models, identifying and developing new opportunities for Tesco.
* Communicating (and preparing) business users / end users where new features / capabilities are developed.
* Where appropriate, forecasting and managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
You will need to have demonstrated experience of:
* A proven background in quantitative end-to-end product management - taking multiple business ideas or unstructured problems from inception to production and building user-centric, scalable, world-class products that deliver significant business value
* Ad tech and/or Ad Ops platforms through development and optimisation.
* The 6 capabilities of Product Management (Judgement & Impact, Customer Insight, Data centric, Leading & influencing, Process & techniques, Strategy & innovation)
* Solid technical understanding - you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations, understand the possibilities of online technologies and know when to challenge and ask questions.
* Exposure to core development skills - information architecture, user journeys, wireframe design, testing and design briefs.
The successful candidate will have a tenacious can-do, will-do mentality. Whilst being personally robust and willing to challenge the status quo, you will work closely with other team members and must be able to bring people with you.
* Creative, analytical and pragmatic - you will be able to provide recommendations and make decisions on behalf of the customer and business.
* Will have a natural interest in, and enthusiasm for, new mobile and web technologies.
* Bachelors degree or demonstrable experience required, advanced degree a plus.
* Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
* Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
* Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.