Data Analyst / Data Lead
||Lancashire Women's Centres
Data Analyst / Data Lead
12 Months FTC
This is an exciting opportunity to join Lancashire Women’s Centres to help change women’s lives by shaping and driving improved use of evidence, measurement and evaluation to inform better service design. Through further development and use of our data and data systems, the job holder will discover efficient ways to organise, store and analyse data, with attention to security and confidentiality, whilst helping us to tell better stories about our work through the information we are capturing.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. You will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills, and be able to communicate technical or complex ideas clearly to those without technical skills.
- Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish procedures for data sharing with senior management, trustees, external stakeholders etc.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyse information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorise maintenance or modifications
- Provide training workshops and technical assistance to managers and staff on data management processes and systems
- Lead the development of innovative data collection and management systems, including mobile technology, to reduce data collection and reporting burden
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Produce manuals, guidelines, 'how to' documentation (using approaches including videos, webinars and others) on data management processes and systems
- Develop user-friendly data analytics and visualisation programmes, using available business intelligence solutions, to support data-driven decision making by end-users in multiple teams
- Develop forecasting/modelling programmes to expand the use of the charity's data; this will involve working in partnership with experts on impact measurement
- Contribute to service design activity, working with a multidisciplinary team to ensure that strong evidence and knowledge about the women can be drawn upon and understood to improve our services.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- An analytical mind set with problem-solving skills - Evidence of strong analytical skills and the ability to develop insights and provide evidence based findings
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills - Ability to communicate succinctly and engage an audience, standing ground when needed, using appropriate styles, methods and timing including digital channels;
- Experience of being able to translate evidence into tangible outcomes and practical change.
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Moderate experience in SQL database
- Ideally B.Sc. or B.A. in Computer Science or Equivalent/ GCSE Maths (minimum)
To apply please click the APPLY button.