Junior Software Developer
||£25,000 - £30,000
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
This company is looking for a developer to work on their consultancy projects as well as on their own in-house software development projects. Their consultancy work requires good knowledge of Java, and will involve working as part of their client teams, who are using Agile approaches.
You believe in the same things that they do - honesty, trust, and doing what's truly best for their clients. You're reliable and able to work without close supervision (although they will do their best to support you as you need). You're comfortable communicating and you're an analytical thinker, aiming to get a deep understanding of a problem so that you can solve it well.
You want a role which will challenge you and where you'll learn new things on a regular basis. You want to grow, and you want to work with like-minded people who'll help you do so, offering guidance and mentorship where possible.
About the role
As your career progresses, you can expect to work across all areas of software development lifecycle, from strategy to implementation to sales and marketing. This will provide you with a broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career.
They are looking for someone who will bring technical ability and expertise to their growing set of clients, and move their own software development forward. They are looking for someone who cares about building great software and delivering value to our clients.
As your career progresses, you can expect to work across all areas of the development lifecycle, from strategy to implementation, and to take on assignments in different sectors. This will provide you with a broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career.
The job will be based in their offices in Aldgate. They take the concept of healthy work/life balance seriously and they advocate flexible working.
You will need some experience in software development. You might be a recent graduate, or someone with some relevant experience - they would like to see examples of previous development projects you have completed.
They would like to see:
- Scientific or technical degree, or a relevant professional qualification, or equivalent experience
- Experience of software development, ideally using Java and Python (and related technologies)
- Understanding of common programming models (client/server, web based, integration)
- Understanding of development methodologies, such as Agile and Waterfall
- Good grasp of relational or non-relational databases
- Innovative and analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Motivation, enthusiasm and commitment
The following would be useful:
- Messaging/Distributed systems
The following would be a bonus:
- Experience of other languages and programming paradigms
- Contributions to open source
- Evidence of thinking about software development at a deeper level