||£20,000 - £45,000
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is servicing the semiconductor and MEMS industry with a global market presence including customers in Europe, Asia and North America. The company is based in Livingston, Scotland, while the R&D site for OEM equipment is located at the Scottish Microelectronics Centre in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The company is looking to hire a Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer. Their role will be to develop and improve software on their current hardware platforms on systems utilized in the semiconductor & MEMS industries.
The position will see the successful applicant primarily based within the Edinburgh site, with occasional expected travel to headquarters.
With a global customer base, travel to customer sites will be expected and typically constitutes around 10-20% of a calendar year.
The role carries the following responsibilities:
- Development and ongoing maintenance of their software suits using Smalltalk within the Cincom VisualWorks Platform
- Programming hardware interfacing modules
- Customer issues management.
- Product development
- Management of hardware and software integration
- Occasional travel to customer sites
Specific technical knowledge/experience required:
- Object oriented programming
- Computer hardware knowledge
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Good communication skills
- LabVIEW programming experience (optional)
- Smalltalk Programming experience (optional)
- .Net Development experience (optional)
The successful applicant will work as part of a small team and must be able to communicate clearly to others groups within the company as well as customers and suppliers.
The position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including :
- Private Healthcare - for the applicant and their immediate family.
- Life cover (4 times salary)
- Half yearly bonus (based on overall company performance)
- Stakeholder Pension, with matched company contributions up to 4% of salary