Front Office C# Developer
||12th May 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Overview of QEP Team and the Investment IT Team
We are looking for a confident Analyst / Developer, to join the QEP IT team. This investment floor role encompasses the whole software development life cycle from analysis and development right through to post-implementation support for the QEP Global Equities team.
The QEP team are an investment unit who currently manages assets in the region of $50 billion and have a heavy reliance on the provision of timely, accurate financial data and robust and scalable IT systems.
The QEP IT team sits within the Investment Engineering Team which is tasked with delivering a range of IT solutions primarily for the Investment functions within Schroders.
* Requirement gathering from Front Office stakeholders and delivery of robust investment solutions
* Designing and developing data driven applications
* Developing solutions to reduce any ongoing support requirement
* BAU Development
* Follow IT standards for documentation & system access
* Maintaining and extending code base
* Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by following programing standards
* Guide development team and business partners in applying data modelling techniques
* Help improve system architecture and promote alternative methods to storing and accessing data
* An individual with both strong business and technical skills
* Have a demonstrable track record of working in a front office environment within an Asset management / Investment Bank environment supporting strategic front office systems
* Track record of excellence dealing with brownfield platforms and subsequent reinvention
* Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternative technologies and presenting these for architectural review
* Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications but flexible in responding to changing designs and requirements
* Team player exhibiting professional maturity, personal integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills with ability to work autonomously
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a "can-do” attitude
* Enjoys working in a challenging business environment with technically literate business users.
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
* Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
* Confident MS SQL Server T-SQL Design and Development.
* Strong System Architecture skills.
* Rest services
* Excel DNA
* Solid understanding of application/database tier integration principles. Experience with processing large datasets and managing distributed transactions is a plus
* Working in a team-driven environment using Agile working practices such as sAFE or Scrum
* Experience of building robust scalable systems
* Exposure to capital market products (preferably equities)
* Service Broker and/or other messaging technologies.
* Broad knowledge of other programming languages and Technologies
* Exposure to visualisation tools e.g. Tableau
* Understanding of Caching technologies e.g.: Couchbase
* Understanding of other database technologies e.g. NoSQL, Columnar
* Use of change management tools and version control (TFS, GIT)
* Knowledge of Equities trade lifecycle and operations processes
* Working knowledge of Test Driven Development
* Unit testing, continuous integration and automated Deployment
* Previous experience of working with financial markets and trade data
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.