Technical Business Analyst - Rules Engineer
||£45000 - £45000
||+ Extensive Benefits Package
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Business Analyst - Rules Engineer
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £45,000 + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a Technical Business Analyst to join our Electronic Trading Team based at our Halifax office.
The purpose of the Technical Business Analyst will be -
To gather information through Customer/User interface and translate the requirements into straightforward functional specifications. This role whilst being called a Technical Business Analyst would be part of the rules engineering team and will be used to scripting from the start.
We’d like to meet a Technical Business Analyst with -
- Knowledge, and experience, of the General Insurance industry as this would help your ability to hit the ground running
- Proven business analysis experience: from business requirement gathering, delivering functional specifications, traceability through to involvement in implementation
- Knowledge and experience of scripting and writing the rules around them
- Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Experience of Software Development, using and techniques such as Java or VBA
- Used to dealing with demanding customers both internal and external
The Technical Business Analyst responsibilities include -
- Identifying solutions for our customers and also supporting our customers during the implementation of our applications and products
- Being a part of the process to author the rules in Development in Electronic Trading at SSP
- Working closely with our Insurance customers, taking responsibility for gathering information and translating this into functional specifications, business and project documents
- Using your business analysis experience of understanding and applying application development methodology to contribute to the production of deliverables required at different stages throughout the project
- Implementing and installing processes you will be developing, writing and executing test scripts, whilst also participating in internal quality reviews
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme, with the opportunity to work flexibly
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Technical Business Analyst (Rules Engineer), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Technical Business Analyst, Rules Engineer, Scripting Engineer, Software Scripting Engineering, Software Project Engineer, Software Implementation Engineer, Application Implementation Engineer.