||4th May 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Global IT Infrastructure is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices. The bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. Historically the teams have been quite isolated, not considering themselves as one global team. This has now changed with the creation of a global Infrastructure strategy.
The mobile engineering team has evolved over the past two years playing a crucial role in the delivery of Schroders overarching mobile and digital strategy. The team are responsible for all aspects of engineering as well as supporting the digital teams in their delivery of mobile applications to both Schroders staff as well as client.
Overview of role
We are looking to recruit a dynamic mobile engineer who can demonstrate enthusiasm, maturity and skill to be responsible for Schroders Mobile Digital Workplace across the Schroders group. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include engineering and delivering solutions and supporting escalations to the mobile engineering team.
The Mobile Technical Engineer is responsible for ensuring the uptime and availability of the platforms, taking direction from the Global Mobile engineering lead and getting hands-on with the mobile infrastructure.
The Mobile Technical Engineer is responsible for working with our third party infrastructure vendors as well as Schroders IT staff around the world to share technical information and procedures in order to implement global IT standards and technical governance. The mobile engineer is responsible for assisting with 3rd line escalations and to actively work with our digital teams to ensure they are fully supported in the delivery of their strategy.
* Responsible for the delivery and 3rd line support of global Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) infrastructure.
* Operate in a global team to support the global mobile technology estate
* Work closely with the Application Developers, Desktop Engineers, Project Managers, Information Security and Digital teams to deliver and support the Schroders digital workplace infrastructure
* Develop the application distribution processes for tablet and smartphone devices
* Manage the supported devices and Operating Systems model.
* Configuration of Mobile Device Manager and integration to corporate services
* Within the global team ensure the standards for packaging, build and automation configurations are maintained
* Maintain high-levels of uptime across the mobile technology estate.
* Ensure accurate detailed management information is provided to SLAs
* Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment
* Background in financial services or similar regulated industry preferable
* Experienced working with large mobile Apple applications, operating systems and patching deployments
* Experienced in Enterprise Mobility Management (MDM & MAM) Technologies
* Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks and re-prioritise at short notice.
* Testing automation
* In-depth knowledge of a leading EMM service
* In-depth Knowledge of Microsoft Intune App protection and Office365
* In-depth knowledge of application integration and deployment
* In-depth knowledge of Apple iOS devices and their management * In-depth knowledge of mobile device security and current trends
* Knowledge of Mobile Application Management
* knowledge of MobileIron infrastructure (Core & Sentry
* Knowledge of BlackBerry Dynamics
* Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
* Working Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
* Interest in how the MDM / EMM space will evolve
* Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under immense pressure
* A good communicator, and able to work collaboratively in a global team.
* Someone who can operate in a fast changing environment and take ownership of their work.
* Someone who will challenge the status quo and improve the overall user experience.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.