Senior Software Developer (w/ flexi hours and working from home option)
||£60000 - £75000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We're looking for a... Senior Software Developer
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team!
We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis. We offer things such as flexible hours, remote working, regular team/social events and the freedom to work on projects of individual interest to name just a few.
In fact, our impressive working culture has repeatedly earned us 1st place winners in the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for’ - two years running!
A handful of things we believe in...
- Creating the best company in the world to work for (we have already conquered the UK - twice!)
- Continuous delivery - we currently release software to production around 14 times a day on average
- Cross functional Agile teams - business and tech sitting and working together in small project teams. We even have our business product owners writing code!
- Continuous innovation - we do fortnightly hackathons as one example to drive experimentation with new technologies and ways of working. We never chain ourselves to one technology; we use the right tool for the job.
- Thought leadership - we host meetup groups and present talks in our office and the community
- To always be learning & improving - where we can, we look to pay for relevant conferences and events (we have even sent our Devs out to Miami, Portugal and Barcelona for conferences)
What you'll be doing
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary project team collaborating closely with business stakeholders and other Engineers in the team to build customer-focused products with a Lean/Agile approach
- Liaising closely with the Product Owners and helping to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggesting different and relevant technical approaches
- Assisting in breaking down complex business features (Epics) into smaller stories
- Being hands on with code using best practices
- Being pro-active and suggesting new ways of working, new tools & technologies - anything which you think will help drive the team forward!
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement & driving their prioritisation
- Championing Agile processes within the team and ensuring the focus is always on the customer when developing products
- Mentoring junior members of the team on any technical obstacles they experience
Skills and behaviours we need
- A strong coder (in any language) - we use Ruby but we are technology agnostic when hiring so Ruby experience is not essential. Our philosophy is that the programming language does not define whether someone is a strong Engineer or not. As such, we hire people from different languages and it’s a great opportunity to learn a new modern stack - and we will support you with that crossover.
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both tech and non-tech colleagues
- Understanding and appreciation of Agile
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with business teams (we do not divide ‘business’ and tech’ teams, we see both as ‘One Team’ as we are all working towards one shared goal)
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment
Our main tech stack
- Cucumber / RSpec
This list is always changing as we do not believe in limiting ourselves with technology. Experimenting and ‘using the right tool for the job’ is part of our code!
What we can offer
- A multi-award winning working culture and environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible policy on working from home
- Life insurance
- 5% pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym membership
- Private medical care
- Dental cover
- 25 days holiday with the option to increase to 28 with our flexible benefits policy (and additionally carry over a further 5 days into the next year)
- Money back on daily well-being costs (massage, contact lenses etc)
- The opportunity to work with a best-in-class team who are at the forefront of tech providing thought leadership and hosting meetup groups in our office and presenting talks on the subject
- The annual company trip abroad (paid for!)
- Career development - This is something we’re incredibly passionate about and one (of many) things we do is fund relevant training courses and conferences
- Free daily breakfast, snacks & hot & cold drinks
If this sounds like you, click apply now!