||Extensive Benefits Package
Up to £60,000 + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a Business Consultant to join our Business Consultancy Team based at our Aldershot office.
The purpose of the Business Consultant will be -
The Business Consultant will provide fee-earning consultancy and services surrounding SSP products in addition to Change Management opportunities. To gather information through internal and external client/staff interface and translate the analysis into concise Business Requirements, Functional Specifications and/or Business Change recommendations.
To provide business knowledge and expertise to internal and external clients, including identifying solutions to complex business issues and recommending enhancements to business workflow and processes.
To proactively champion best practice methodologies for Business Consultancy/Analysis across the Professional Services team.
We’d like to meet a Business Consultant with -
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Insurance industry (3 years +) and its processes and procedures gained through academic study or direct experience.
- Practical working knowledge of various computer-based Insurance applications.
- Demonstrable aptitude for analysing client business requirements and application problems.
- Relevant experience working in/alongside a development environment, including specification/QA & testing.
- Experience of working in a field consulting capacity for external clients and delivery of complex solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to work to strict deadlines, both individually and as part of the team.
- Proven ability within a mixed presales/delivery environment.
- An understanding of HTML, ASP and XML would be advantageous.
The Business Consultant Responsibilities include -
- To take responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluated and recommends options.
- To gather information through Client/User/SSP staff interface and translate the requirements into straightforward concise business and project documents.
- To own the vision of the business solution for the client, and take full responsibility for articulating the solution requirements to the project and product teams within SSP.
- To understand and apply an application development methodology where appropriate and contribute to the production of the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle (e.g. Client Proposals, GAP analysis, Requirements Definition, and Internal and External Design).
- Providing software implementation & training expertise and guide clients through to a successful deployment at Client sites.
- To provide consultancy (and/or training on the application) on best practice for the application both on and off client sites.
- To provide the link between clients, developers and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development and project implementation life cycle.
- To present formally and informally, progress data and other information to nominated parties including Clients and senior SSP management.
- To facilitate gap analysis workshops with new or prospective clients in order to feed into the implementation and development scope of the project.
- Reporting regularly to the Project Manager on the progress of all projects and advising on business priorities affecting the implementation plan.
- To guide, and where required to task manage, other members of the Business Consultancy team and to provide business knowledge and expertise to both internal teams and external clients
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
To apply for the role of Business Consultant, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Business Consultant, Business Change Consultant, IT Business Analyst, Business Information Analyst, Business Change Analyst, Insurance Analyst, Insurance.