||2nd May 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We have an opening for a Performance Strategy & Planning (PS&P) Analyst to join the team in our Branston office. It’s an exciting time to join IHG as we continue our journey of growth.
Your primary responsibility is to provide support to hotels, ownership groups, regional revenue management teams and internal stakeholders on benchmarking data and reports, primarily sourced from STR, an external provider of hotel benchmarking data.
- You will support and coordinate all internal PS&P databases, performing uploads of data received from vendors and internal sources on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Research disparities in database information and synchronize database file information to ensure all databases are accurate.
- Continuously monitor the quality and integrity of the data collection and reporting methodologies and provide input for improvements to those processes as needed.
- Independently work with hotel managers, brand managers or senior management to respond to data requests in a timely manner, which might involve identifying trends for a hotel or segment, interpreting performance data, researching data sources and/or data integrity.
- Generate reports as well as prepare report data for presentations for PS&P colleagues.
- Perform various audit checks on reports/analysis prepared by the team before sending to stakeholders and undertake any follow up actions as required.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Demonstrated clear, concise and succinct communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communication as required.
Proficiency in enterprise reporting and analysis tools Business Objects & SAS, with ideally several years’ experience in data management, analytics, market research and/or related roles and extensive SQL & MS access experience, resulting in a deep and broad knowledge of how to write and optimize SQL.
Demonstrates ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.
Demonstrates proficiency in managing a broad set of data sources, including understanding and documenting data relationships, ensuring data integrity and choosing the appropriate data source.
Experience of working in Global teams as well as strong relationship management, verbal and written communication and strategic and analytical skills.
IHG is one of the biggest hotel companies in the world with a family of famous brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. All of our brands work together towards our goal to provide True Hospitality for everyone.
Why join IHG’s Finance Centre of Excellence?
- People are at the heart of everything we do.
- We’re dedicated to helping our people grow and achieve their full potential.
- We understand the importance of recognizing, rewarding and developing our people.
- We are a diverse and inclusive employer; who celebrate difference.
- We’re multiple award winners for employment: Top Employer 2018 winner for the fourth year running and AON Hewitt’s best employer accreditation.
As a Performance Strategy & Planning (PS&P) Analyst at IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and games room.
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job
IHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer