Agile Business Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
First Utility Group is a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, the company launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years it has also helped customers waste less energy through the use of innovative technology that gives insight into individual usage and greater control.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Agile Business Analyst to join our core platform to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
This is a key role within the Energy Platform Department to deliver technical and process solutions to customer/business issues within the systems that support our business.
You’ll be working within a multi-skilled agile team to deliver working application software that excites and delights both our internal customer service agents and our external customers.
You’ll be working on a platform that has a focus on integration and mediation between our main systems. Typical projects will cut across a wide set of solution domains including: registrations, provisioning, smart metering, reads, rating, billing and wider utility industry changes.
The role day to day
- Establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to gain an understanding of business priorities and to support the delivery of business value
- Aide the facilitation of workshops and discussions to effectively gather requirements and achieve a joint understanding of needs
- Aide with the facilitation the prioritisation and management of the teams product and sprint backlogs
- Analyse data to recommend system/service improvements and make informed decisions
- Establish functional and non-functional requirements and document them appropriately
- Identify any risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Work as part of a self-organising scrum team and support the team in delivery
- Demonstrate agile behaviours and and understanding of the concept of a minimum viable product
- Model business processes to validate that solutions are fit for purpose
- Write user stories following INVEST principles and associated acceptance criteria
- Participate in Daily Standups, Retrospectives, Planning sessions and other First Utility Development ceremonies
- Build relationships between development teams and business owners / areas
- Gather and understand requirements from across the business
- Work within software development teams to clarify their questions and remove impediments
What you’ll need to help you make the best of the role
- Experience of stakeholder management, able to be sensitive to the needs of each stakeholder yet comfortable to challenge where appropriate
- An understanding of user stories and how they articulate the business needs in a format that is easily consumable by the scrum team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Organisational Skills
- Able to use clear, concise and appropriate language to target audience
The ‘nice to haves’
- Experience as an analyst with a basic understanding of Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Experience of working within a fast paced software environment with a clear focus on customer services
- An understanding of how to writing user stories to articulate the business needs in a format that is easily consumable by the scrum team
- A related Scrum certification such as Certified Scrum Product Owner would be considered an advantage
- Running data analysis using SQL & Excel
What you’ll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mindset is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
We recently launched First Forward, our online guide to development opportunities with information on available apprenticeships, career pathways and our mentoring scheme; helping our colleagues reach their full potential.
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
At First Utility, we're committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal data. Following your application with us, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice which sets out the personal data that we collect about you when you apply for a vacancy with us, including how and why we process it, who we share it with and your rights and choices. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.