Technical Delivery Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a Technical Delivery Manager at AKQA, you must be inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative solutions. You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and constantly look to improve client deliverables.
What we look for
Innovation - we elevate the spirit with pioneering ideas, new possibilities and the imaginative application of art and science to improve people’s lives and make a positive lasting impact.
Service - we work with integrity, taking responsibility for the successful outcome of projects. Through mutual respect for colleagues and clients, we retain exceptional people and nurture long-term, trust-based relationships. We strive for better ways to work, ensuring value and velocity at every connection.
Quality - we conscientiously adhere to the highest professional standards and superior quality to create influential work that consistently surpasses audience, client and community expectations.
Thought - we believe in progress and the beneficial power of creating what's next. We apply the most rigorous thinking process to recommend and deliver optimal solutions. We are continuously listening, researching, learning, adapting and improving across all aspects of our organisation and the work we do.
You will be responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. Working closely with Project Management and Client Services, you will have overall responsibility for the technical deliverables of projects.
- Deliver high quality projects on time and to budget.
- Receive a high level of internal and external client satisfaction.
- Make a positive contribution to the team and receive positive feedback from team members.
- Strive to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments, successfully applying them
to work practices.
- Perform consistently well against billability and utilisation targets; strive to improve processes
- Balance industry best practices, principles, quality assurance and innovation in design and implementation.
- Review standard of work relentlessly, ensuring only work of the highest quality is delivered.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as Senior Software Engineer or Senior Web Developer.
- Experience managing the development and delivery of commercial websites.
- Experience managing or leading a team.
- A degree, ideally in Computer Science, is advantageous.
- Experience working in an agency and/or creative and/or technical consultancy environment is advantageous.
Diversity is vital in our ability to provide meaningful careers for our team and effective solutions for our clients. We are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment, aspiring to provide employees with the canvas, tools and confidence to ensure purpose-led careers.
As part of our commitment to inclusion across the full spectrum of diversity AKQA desires to be a leading creative and professional services firm for the attraction, promotion and retention of women and under-represented groups. We recognise a series of actions needs to be taken to advance equality and actively address issues. Through a series of company-wide, industry and recruitment initiatives, we are making progress towards our diversity goals, continuing to learn and improve.
- Competitive Contribution Pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Weekly massages - available to book
- Fresh fruit, drinks and subsidised snacks every day
In addition to on-the-job training, AKQA offers a menu of training, AKQA Insight and WPP Professional Development. All AKQA employees and clients are invited to participate in the AKQA Insight and AKQA TECH.insight thought leadership programmes. These comprise of a series of informative, inspirational lectures and Q&A sessions with both established and emerging authors, artists, athletes, scientists, inventors, educators and entrepreneurs.