Software Engineer C++
||LK Metrology Ltd
LK Tool Company Limited was founded in Derby, England in 1963 by Norman Key (a former Rolls Royce engineer) and Bill Lowther (Norman’s father-in-law). It was a supplier of granite inspection tooling to the engineering industry and then became the innovator of the "Bridge Type” multi-axis Coordinate Measuring Machine. LK started operations in the USA in 1983 capturing a large part of the automotive market for high volume production inspection systems. Since then, LK has been designing, manufacturing, and deploying CMMs throughout the world.
LK is the world’s oldest manufacturer of CMM. This year, as LK celebrates its 55th anniversary as a leader in the CMM Industry, the company has returned to be an independent UK CMM manufacturer headquartered in Derby, with Sales and Support offices in the UK, North America, Belgium, France and Germany.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Software Engineer to join us at our offices in Derby on a full time, permanent basis. As Software Engineer, you will work within an Agile/SCRUM Software Development team, responsible for developing, testing and debugging our software solutions.
As Software Engineer, your main duties will include:
- Design, development and testing of our software products using technologies such as C++, C# and SQL server Windows
- Supporting the roll out, testing and debugging of these products at key customer sites, mainly in the UK but occasionally overseas
- Participating in the full development process, through specification, development, code review, testing and delivery
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to specification with good quality
We welcome applications from candidates who meet the below criteria:
- Masters Degree (desirable) or BEng/BSc (minimum 2:1) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Maths
- Previous exposure to object-oriented design and strong object-oriented design skills
- Practical knowledge of at least one modern object-oriented programming language (preferably C++) and the ability/desire to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Understanding of 3D vector/coordinate geometry
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong Maths skills in areas such as mechanics, numerical methods and vector/coordinate geometry (desirable)
- Exposure to larger software engineering projects and software architecture (desirable)
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and tools such as Scrum, Agile, revision control and Visual Studio (desirable)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: MFC, WPF, XAML, SQL Server, WIX, 3D graphics (desirable)
If you like the sound of the role and feel that you meet the person specification, we look forward to reviewing your application. If your application is shortlisted, we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for you to attend an interview.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications from candidates who require Visa sponsorship, so candidates must have full eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
If you do not hear back from us, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We regret that we are unable to respond personally to all unsuccessful applicants, but will be happy to provide you with feedback on your application if this is requested.