||Actica Consulting Ltd
||Guildford and UK Client Sites
||£35,000 - £70,000
||+ Bonus. We are hiring across Consultant, Senior Consultant, and Principal Consultant grades.
The Enterprise Architect role provides you with the opportunity to support a wide range of UK public sector organisations. Your help will enable them to get the maximum benefit from their ICT investments and support critical projects.
As an Enterprise Architect you will have expertise in analysing and developing architectures across the Business, Data, Applications and Infrastructure domains and will have an understanding of the technologies and operational processes required to achieve this. You will be providing, high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business objectives. You could find yourself doing this at the enterprise level in support of major transformation programmes or at the level of targeted projects and interventions.
The role will require you to lead assignments, often responsible for managing small teams and for directly delivering consultancy, ensuring the overall success of the engagement. The role involves producing high quality, formal deliverables and reviewing formal deliverables developed by others. You will also be engaged to respond flexibly and rapidly to emerging client needs, often working in an Agile environment in close alignment to service delivery teams. This role requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including in resolving day-to-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities.
You will typically work on the client’s site co-located with other project members, who may include the client’s own staff, Actica team members and other suppliers.
Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford but you should expect to spend the majority of your time working on client sites.
We will provide you with the opportunity to further your career in consulting, specialising in the application of a broad range of methodologies and technical specialisations to a wide range of business problems. We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications in relation to specialisms such as Project Management, Agile, Service Management, Enterprise Architecture, Security Assurance, Security Architecture, Governance, and Technology Procurement. We provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
Working either individually or as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments which could include:
• Generate genuinely useful outcomes to help deliver the client’s goals in major business transformation programmes;
• Hands-on analysis, not just assurance, including working with clients, users and other team members to address issues before they become blockers;
• Develop and review strategies and target architectures to support future delivery of ICT services to meet the client’s business needs and in accordance with the Government’s ICT and other strategies;
• Provide close support and strategic input to delivery teams, including Agile software delivery;
• Develop and review baseline and transition architectures to support the client's migration planning of ICT services within a business • Develop architecture views to describe all aspects of a client's organisation including its Business, Applications, Data and Infrastructure;
• Provide EA leadership to a client to help mature the organisation's architecture governance and develop best practice.
Experience within the UK Public Sector is desirable, preferably within the ICT context on enterprise solutions. Our position as a client side advisor means that strong influencing and personal skills are essential. The fast moving nature of the ICT environment together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated - with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
It is essential that the candidate have experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base, additional experience in other elements would be highly desirable:
• Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review using EA frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, MODAF;
• Government Digital Service approaches including the Government Service Design Manual and the Digital by Default service standard;
• Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, UML;
• Software and systems development methods and techniques e.g. Agile methods such as SCRUM;
• Project and programme management methods e.g. PRINCE2, MSP; DSDM, Scaled Agile Framework;
• Central government information security policy standards / ISO17799;
• Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit;
• Business case development to Treasury guidelines.
Preference is given to candidates with a STEM based degree (2.1 or above).
Because of the nature of the Actica’s business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.