IT Infrastructure Engineer
||£25,000 - £35,000
|| (dependent on experience) + pension scheme + bonuses
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit an experienced IT Administrator for a position within our team in our Edinburgh office. SeeByte are keen to employ the best talent and brightest graduates; our engineering team come from all over Europe and further afield.
SeeByte produce state-of-the-art subsea robotics software and have an international client base. As part of the IT Support Team, you will help design, deploy and maintain networks, servers, services and workstations for the company.
• Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
• Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
• Flexible working hours policy
• Travel season ticket loan
• Annual company day out
• Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
• Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in for both culture and access to the Scottish country
• Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
The successful applicant will become part of the dedicated IT team, maintaining and upgrading SeeByte’s IT Services. You will assist SeeByte’s software engineers with their IT requirements and issues, ensuring they have the tools required to allow SeeByte to meet their software delivery needs. You will also have the opportunity to assess, prototype and deploy new IT technology to meet new Government IT requirements. Finally you will be key in safeguarding SeeByte's intellectual property and guaranteeing the security of SeeByte IT networks.
• Proficient with Ubuntu or other Debian-based operating systems.
• Solid grasp of TCP/IP, ethernet networking and network security.
• Microsoft Windows operating system administration.
• Eager to learn about a very wide range of technologies and to diversify your skills.
• Strong communication skills.
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable but not essential:
• LAMP stack
• OpenSource virtualisation (Proxmox VE, qemu, xen, VirtualBox)
• Network and security: iptables and firewall management, wireshark, 801.2q VLAN, 802.1x authentication
• Phabricator, git, subversion.
• OpenSource email technology: dovecot, postfix, exim, amavis
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to applicants that are able to apply for a UK Security Clearance. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory employment background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES