Telephony Support Engineer
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
20th April 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The post holder will play a front line role for setting up, maintenance of and support of Telecommunication and Endpoint equipment across the organisation. The main responsibilities will be:
* Working with the ICT Senior Operational Telecoms Support Engineer being the first line for the service and support for all telecom and telephony devices.
* The performance of day-to-day routine service and support calls as well as telephony and telecom project work, which may include installations, refurbishments, commissioning, relocations and restructures.
* The installation and/or removal of telecommunications hardware and/or software, following plans and instructions in accordance with agreed standards.
* The replenishment of telecommunications hardware.
* The provision of day-to-day telecommunications network administration and support, including the management and handling of faults.
Essential Skills include:
* Hands on service and support of Telephone and Telecommunication devices such as VOIP Telephones, Wireless Phones, Analogue phones, Faxes, Bleeps and their Connections etc.
* Substantial proven experience in the delivery of Telecom and Telephony service in a Technical Department or ICT Function using Service Desk Tools
* Excellent inter-personal skills, and to be able to handle contacts of all types and at all levels.
* Excellent communication skills
* High level understanding of Telecommunication Technologies (e.g. VOIP, Analogue Telephones, Desk and Wireless handsets, ISDN)
* Experience working within an IT environment that operates under the ITIL Service Management framework.
* Experience of VOIP Phones, Wireless Devices, Analogue phones, ISDN, Faxes and cable routing
* Previous experience installing of telecommunication devices and setting up of End User Accounts, resetting passwords etc. (e.g. voicemail)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds. Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.