This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the Solution Designer you will be responsible for producing the E2E High Level Design for projects, providing design leadership and specialist IT expertise and guidance.
Responsibilities will include: -
Architecture and Design Best Practice and Governance
* Provide expert advice and guidance to technical teams and all other parts of the organisation.
* Are fully integrated and work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team.
* Develop a strong understanding of the CCD Governance Process.
* Adhere to the IT Architecture and Design Governance Processes.
* Ensure all E2E Solutions align with Architecture Patterns and Principles.
* Ensure high quality deliverables are produced and maintained at all times, i.e. High Level Design (HLD), Requirements Tracebility Matrix (RTM), SD HLD Plan, Design Issues Log, Project Tracker and any other SD agreed deliverables.
* Regularly review deliverables and seek feedback from key stakeholders to ensure they meet business needs.
* Hold F2F Business and Technical reviews for their solutions.
* Provide assurance that Low Level Designs (LLD) comply to the High level Design (HLD).
* Take ownership of any SD related issues and manage the resolution with business stakeholders.
* Incorporate feedback into their own performance improvement plans.
* Develop a culture of continuous improvement where they are committed to finding ways of improving the service they provide to the business.
* Regularly attend project and SD team meetings and are actively engaged in all IT Architecture and Design activities
* Work with other members of the SD team to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
* Use (and recommend) appropriate tools to support any changes to business practices.
Executing Excellent Project Delivery
* Ensuring that all commitments are delivered to time, cost and quality.
* Ensuring designs are compliant to Architecture Design Patterns and Principles.
* Support key teams in the quality and timely production of their deliverables.
* Regularly report on design progress and issues using standard tools provided.
Leadership, Expertise and Guidance
* Provide leadership for the Solution Design team to identify best practice design, i.e. skills, methodologies, techniques and tools.
* Knowledge of industry trends, research and developments relating to the Architecture and Solution Design profession; particularly within the Telecoms sector.
* Influence the Architecture and Design approach and governance (i.e. methods, techniques and tools) on complex programmes
Business Engagement, Stakeholder, Supplier and Partner Management
* Build strong relationships with the wider business and develop a good understanding of their strategy and key business drivers.
* Build a strong understanding of the companies and departments priorities and how they contribute to them directly
* Build and maintain relationships to ensure both they and the wider team are providing the design services needed by the business.
* Promote the services of the Solution Design team within Operations and the wider business to ensure that the remit of the team is understood, when and how to engage with the team and how it can support them.
Essential skills, attributes and experience
* Demonstrates Architecture and Design Leadership.
* Business and Technical Consultancy - Provides advice and guidance to key stakeholders with the ability to challenge/influence business thinking and ways of working.
* Ability to produce standards based high quality E2E Designs.
* Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
* Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex information to both technical and business stakeholders at all levels.
* Able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
* Able to rapidly absorb new techniques and apply them effectively.
* Advises and supports the development of solution design standards, tools and techniques to drive business change.
* Takes responsibility for personal development.
* Demonstrates creativity and innovation.