Senior Business Analyst (Finance/Banking Experience Essential)
||£300 - £450
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Sr. Business Analyst Role, Financial Sector, London, 6 Months Contract
Our client in the financial sector are looking for a high-calibre and enthusiastic senior business analyst to join the Business Delivery Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of delivery in investment banking operational environments and will understand the government bond and money markets and how they operate.
The role will involve:
* Working closely with business areas on the business issue, guiding, defining and validating process models & requirement specifications.
* Detailed data, impact and workflow analysis to identify and evaluate possible solutions.
* Working with the project team to agree an appropriate solution that meets the requirements and the approach for implementing the change.
* Ensuring appropriate documentation sets are delivered and maintained.
* Provide business support and guidance as necessary
The successful candidate will understand and follow good practice methods and be able to navigate through the work quickly and effectively to tight timescales. Good communications skills and a pro-active "can-do" approach are essential for this role.
Our client has a complex & challenging IT environment that includes a government secure network and hosts a range of investment banking-type services (e.g. portfolio modelling tools, trading systems, market data systems). This is a good opportunity for someone who has good relevant experience to have a major positive influence in a key financial services organisation
* Recent business analysis experience in financial services (ideally treasury, banking or securities markets) using structured methodologies such as Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, UML (Use cases).
* At least 5 years' practical experience of supporting, configuring and implementing financial trading, settlement, risk management, market data and financial accounting solutions.
* Practical experience of facilitating workshops, conducting impact analysis, eliciting & writing requirements for business & technical projects, collaborating with business users and the technical teams to define solutions.
* Solid experience of producing business process models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) and writing clear and concise business & technical requirements
* Practical business analysis experience of delivering technical projects such as Desktop & Network upgrades, Telephony, Cyber Security, Data Management, Business Intelligence etc.
* Practical knowledge of a range of financial market instruments including government bonds, repos, commercial paper, certificates of deposit, treasury bills, swaps, cash, loans, deposits, hedging tools & strategy
* Comprehensive understanding of Front, Middle & Back office processes such as trade capture, position keeping, P&L, risk management, liquidity management, settlement, financial accounting and reference/market data management.
* Knowledge of relevant system and of relevant systems configuration & set-up (trading, market data systems).
* Experience of producing business process models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
* Microsoft Visio
* Risk aware
* Business Analysis qualification - BCS or IIBA
* Microsoft TFS