10th April 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking for a Design Lead who can see the possibility in every opportunity - from large transformational projects on big budgets to the small incremental quick wins that will provide millions of our customers with immediate improvements. Together with our design team you will help to develop long term vision along with the strategy for the future of design in Tesco.
In this role, you will be strategic yet hands-on, you have a passion for brand, craft and design and most of all clear vision of the future for user experience. While applying our insights you will guide our future research, develop design processes and inspire your team to together push the boundaries of what's possible. You will be a mentor for talented members of your team, collaborate with leaders of Product and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Tesco products.
As a great leader you place your core values in developing the right team culture where designers are encouraged to take accountability, seek feedback and most of all take pride in their design craft. Insights and data will empower you and your team to shape and improve the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their needs. You're no stranger to working with code and creating in-browser prototypes. Optimisation tools are your natural way of pushing the needle against your KPI's.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
* Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices.
* Empower your team to define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects through design and development
* Be ultimately responsible for all design output from your team. Review and provide feedback for artifacts generated by your team
* Lead UX design for some of Tesco's most important projects
* Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
* In addition, work across the company's multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
* This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
* Expertise in research, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed design, user testing, and implementation.
* Solid understanding of web technologies and software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
* Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
* Experience with data analytics and optimization tools such as Omniture, Test & Target, optimizely would be desirable, but not essential.
* Improve research, design, and development processes to gain efficiency, remove obstacles, and simplify problems.
* Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
* Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or other related field.
* 5+ years of experience.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.