Senior User Experience Designer
9th April 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
At Zone we believe that user experience is the responsibility of everyone involved. As a senior user experience designer you are responsible for ensuring that what we deliver meets your client’s needs as well as those of the end users. You naturally challenge our teams and clients to think differently about how their vision can be delivered in order to achieve the greatest value in the most efficient way, with users’ needs at the centre of everything you do.
You'll be responsible for:
- The definition and delivery of user centered product products and services
- Planning and leading co-creation workshops with our clients and teams
- Planning and leading user research activities
- Developing and communicating design concepts as part of an agile development team, which can include anything from sketches to journey maps, flows or presentations - whatever it takes to gain a shared understanding across the - team and client
- Breaking down design concepts into their most valuable parts, writing user stories and informing overall priorities of what should be made next and why
- Forming a close relationship with the client and other senior members of the team in order to ensure their vision is being achieved, presenting and validating ideas regularly
- Feeding into the design of projects and new business opportunities including scoping work, estimating timings and planning key project activities
- Inspiring and motivating other members of the UX team, be that through critiques in a project or sharing experiences, lessons learned and new techniques
- Have experience of applying user-centred and service design practices to digital products and services
- Be naturally curious about how people behave, new technologies and design practices
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, working with all disciplines from UI designers to back-end developers
- Make complicated ideas easy to understand
- Think beyond how something looks to how it should behave and the functional implications
- Prioritise a shared understanding and working outcomes across businesses and teams, over documented deliverables
- Be software agnostic and proficient in the latest tools of the industry
- Enjoy talking about your work and presenting it to different audiences. From a team of developers to the CEO and other senior stakeholders
- Develop relationships easily, both with the team and the client
- Have "Lean UX", "Designing Interactions" and Google’s "Sprint" or similar on your bookshelf... or Kindle
- Have an engaging portfolio showcasing your process through the delivery of innovative design solutions
You’ll be working in a multidisciplinary, agile development team; so experience of working in Scrum, Kanban or other lean approaches is preferable; with a minimum of five years’ experience in a digital agency or client side role.
Click 'Apply Now' to check out all of our benefits and to complete your application!