||Excellent salary & benefits
You are a technically curious Backend PHP Developer that wants to be part of a core development product team. Do you understand (and maybe even already have experience with) the power of things like TDD, DDD, CQRS? Then apply for the position of Backend Developer (PHP) at VONQ and be part of our team that builds our flagship product, tools and APIs that serve global customers! #gettingthingsdoneright
Backend Developer (PHP)
Rotterdam, fulltime position (32 - 40), starting ASAP
As a Backend Developer in the VONQ Product Team, you will be part of our critical product development efforts and get your hands dirty in the implementation of various applications/services. You'll be working closely with our CTO and our product management team.
You will be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to serve multiple personas. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. Although it’s a young product we’re practicing agile methodology to gradually evolve it in a modular way and having a very ambitious roadmap in mind.
Since we are having huge plans, we are looking for multiple developers on junior, medior and senior level!
What you actually will do
• Work in an agile (scrum) environment and deliver high quality applications/services
• Contribute to your team's development efforts for new product initiatives and feature development
• Support the devops team in utilizing practices such as CI, CD, and automated release management
• Write robust and efficient code primarily using PHP, Symfony and MySQL, and learn other languages/frameworks if needed
Which boxes do you tick?
(Psst...You do not need to tick all the boxes below in order to apply...)
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that have an appetite to excel, and the potential to succeed.
What we need
• Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
• Creating high quality multi-tiered applications primarily preferably with PHP and MySQL
• Experience with Symfony2 and Domain Driven Design
• Experience in contributing to the systems and software architecture of a company
• Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
• Experience with practices such as TDD, CI and CD
• Experience with automated testing using tools such as PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat
• Excellent communication skills in English
• An Agile mindset: being able and willing to cross roles and specialities to make the team succeed
• Experience with devops and infrastructure practices and technology like deployment automation, provisioning etc. in a safe, reliable way
• Understanding of design patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS, and you know when to apply them
• Experience with REST API design
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Worked as part of a distributed (or international) team
• Enthusiasm to bring new ideas and share your knowledge with the team
Things we cherish
• Business-centric thinking, and a goal driven personality
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Technical curiosity, critically open to new tools and technologies
• Passion for creating an elegant systems architecture
• Lame jokes (what can I say...) & beer on Fridays and often BBQs at our terrace ;-)
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team of 12 different nationalities in a very casual environment. Thirdly, you'll have the opportunity to participate in meetups/conferences.
• Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
• Flexible working hours
• Time and budget for training
• 5 weeks paid holiday per year
• Good salary and additional incentives
• Fixed term contract with an option for perm
• Support with relocating
So, does this sounds appealing to you?
Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filters.
Keywords: vacancy, job, Rotterdam, PHP, Backend, Software Developer, Web Developer, Product Engineer, Symfony, CQRS