Head of Software Engineering/Development
Head of Software Engineering/Development
LendEnable, a technology-driven credit insights company that enables efficient lending to SMEs globally is creating the 1st global marketplace for SME lending.
Our vision is a global financial marketplace where lenders can efficiently lend to SMEs and where SMEs can secure the debt they need to grow at an affordable interest rate. We obsess over big picture problems like "How do we unlock the 8.1 trillion-dollar global credit market for SMEs? and "How do we deliver even better data and insight than the world’s biggest insights players like Bloomberg and Google in this space?” to details like "How do we create the most user-friendly interface to decrease the turnaround time of the current loan process, to just seconds?”
We are looking for an exceptional hands-on, Head of Engineering and Software Development, to join us in this exciting venture.
You are a code ninja and can get stuck deep into the code to build advance and complex product and platform features. You care deeply about software and system engineering, quality, code craft and team work. You love data, and you know how to take datasets and derive deep insights from them to build the best product for customers. You are a fast learner and are not afraid to work with new technologies.
You understand people and know how to get the best out of them, even when they know more about specific tech than you. You take pride in the work you and your team produce and deliver highly reliable and quality products.
In a complex and fluid environment, you bring clarity and structure to ensure coherent development of outputs and bring confidence in delivery. You are a lateral thinker and creative in your approach to solve problems, explore new ideas and thereby influencing future design. You have a passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
About the role
The Head of Engineering and Software Development, is a new role within the company and will report directly to the CTO. You will be a member of the LendEnable senior team, who has deep expertise in investment, credit analytics and technology platform development. You will spend your time as a software development engineer innovating and building the next versions of our platform and a technical leader motivating and leading people in different geographies.
Your focus will be on developing an exciting and ground breaking, greenfield, advance credit analytics global IT platform. You will work across teams and across countries and will have to be an excellent communicator to explain and understand intricate issues. You will play a key role in driving and guiding complex projects to completion on time. You will play a key role in developing and delivering software products and features to the highest quality, using a wide range of technologies and systems.
You will further
- Conduct daily code, design and process reviews, including code sampling design reviews, code profiling, unit test reviews and process adherence for source code control and builds
- Design and develop frameworks, database schemas and back-end systems to support full-featured and styled web applications, taking into account both business and technical considerations
- Provide senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a single platform.
- Provide technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modelling, external interfaces, and other areas.
- Complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities
- Identify and implement methods/algorithms for optimizing business processes and improving IS application efficiency. Provide guidance to the technical team responsible for the development, unit/integration testing and implementation of simple to complex business solutions
- Prioritise both strategic projects and urgent short-term work
- Oversee extensive development in web crawling
- Familiarise with project management and support software
Skills and experience we are looking for
As Head of Engineering and Software Development you will need the following skills and experience:
- Strong technical acumen and technical currency in a variety of technologies .i.e. ASP.NET , Java, .Net, Ruby, Windows, Big data DB, MS SQL, Web, SOAP, SQL, Azure, Amazon, API, JSON, load balancers, firewalls, networking (DMZ, DNS), integration, C# and project management and support software.
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Developed and built rich-client-based (i.e. client-server) applications using Windows Forms, ASP or WPF on .NET 4.5 or later, which fully utilized the MVVM design pattern and used Prism/Composite Guidance from Microsoft patterns & practices
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Senior level IT technical lead experience
- Meticulous project management skills
- Between 10-12 years relevant work experience, ideally from within a financial institution such as an investment bank or hedge fund.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
LendEnable is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to actively recruit and develop a diverse workforce, which we believe is at the heart of our success and future. We make recruitment decisions based on objective criteria and welcome applications from all sections of society regardless of belief, colour, race, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to the recruitment process.
We are looking for smart and highly motivated candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class technology products with a global impact. If this is you and you are interested in becoming part of this exciting venture, please send your CV with a cover letter to, we would love for you to join us.
To apply please click the APPLY button.