Business Analyst (2YR FTC)
||National Physical Laboratory
||£35000 - £43250
||Dep on exterience
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Join the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) at an exciting time of growth where you will have a great opportunity to maximise Impact from science. We are bold and visionary and we believe anything is possible at NPL.
Responsibility also extends across the other programmes within the portfolio - Professionally Managed Products and Services, Culture and Values, Science & Engineering Capability and Delivery, and Externally Driven.
Areas of focus
- Supports high level shaping and scoping of ideas during project start-up.
- Responsible for all analysis activities related to the production of detailed project requirements - definition, analysis, prioritisation and documentation.
- Owns project requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Inputs to identification of benefits and business case definition.
- Supports Project Management in identification of risks and issues, and their mitigation.
- Inputs to decisions on appropriate system architecture and solution design.
- Assists in identifying, analysing and improving business process improvements.
- Determines, documents and manages project change requests.
- Interfaces to Test functions to ensure successful validation against business requirements.
- Supports staff training to aid system adoption.
- Supports workstream lead peers to enable successful delivery of the wider NPL transformation programme.
- Extensive experience performing business analysis including on programmes requiring complex IT delivery.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to all levels of seniority including ability to convey technical risks and issues to business stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques.
- Solid understanding of IT systems development lifecycle and good knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Experience interfacing to 3rd party software and implementation vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills. Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.
Closing date:20th April 2018